• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
martinzx

Add Your Latest USSR Editions

you should really try to catch that black Sekonda you're dreaming of... did I ever show you mine? :hypocrite:

3901170300_d828601d33.jpg

It's lovely!!! And you can't blame me for not trying... but all I get is a prescription from Mach... :lookaround:

I Just got this today its a 21 Jewel Calendar Slava, I dont often used the word minter but this really is, it is lightly engraved on the back case 13th Jan 1976!!

I am very happy with it indeed.   :thumbup: Not the best picture because of lack of daylight.............

img00530201010081642.jpg

A beauty! I like Slava watches also more than Poljot :man_in_love:

Is the movement a 2414 double barrel? Maybe? :lookaround:

Yes Vaurien,

I am 99% sure it is, but my case remover tool is a little large for this watch case & there is not a mark on this watch, I am not going to risk scratching it, I will confirm & post a picture when I can  :thumbup:

BR

Martin

Thank you Martin. :notworthy:

Today, my watchmaker showed me a case of about 12 NOS watches Ð²Ñ€ÐµÐ¼Ñ . :jawdrop:

Do you know this brand?

It's said Ð²Ñ€ÐµÐ¼Ñ is an italian brand of the 80-ies, using soviet movements and, maybe, soviet cases and manufacturing :derisive: (dunno)

There were 2 different moviments: a double barrel Slava 2414 and an alarm 2612.1.

Dials were all different, white, black, one golden; but all quite interesting.

So, you know, I'm tempted by a Slava movement in Ð²Ñ€ÐµÐ¼Ñ watch :thumbup:

Edited by Vaurien

One little tip: Ð²Ñ€ÐµÐ¼Ñ (Vremia) means "time" in english :lookaround:

can you show us some pictures please Vaurien? :wheelchair:

Here are some pictures of the Slava in daylight it truly is a minter, 

img00572201010090920.jpg

It is date 13th Nov 1976 not Jan as I previously stated

img00569201010090911.jpg

Groovy 70's strap I am wondering if it is original

img00562201010090910.jpg

img00563201010090910.jpg

BR

Martin

BTW the engraving  literally translates 'Government/Council of a City Skopje 13/11/76' so it means 'Government of the City of Skopje 13/11/76' or Council of the City of Skopje 13/11/76

BR   :thumbup:

Martin

Edited by martinzx

Sekonda "Strela", caliber 3017 from 1962 (but Sekonda branch was launched in 1966 :rolleyes: ), so I suppose it's an early model...

13022010.jpg

24102012.jpg

... and Slava split second stop watch, which worth nearly nothing to the market...

slava10.jpg

... but is a great addition to any space conquest fanatic nonetheless

spaceg10.jpg

soyuz110.jpg

(soyouz 1 wreckage)

(credit and further details ->here<- )

rgds :)

Edited by ludi

One little tip: Ð²Ñ€ÐµÐ¼Ñ (Vremia) means "time" in english :lookaround:

can you show us some pictures please Vaurien? :wheelchair:

I surely must take some shot, I'll reach my watchmaker with my camera in the next week :thumbsup:

Hey  ludi

thanks for posting love the Sekonda / Strella have not seen one like that before, it has the same dial & hands as an early Strella? but Sekonda cool! The patina of the dial looks good & original    :to_become_senile:

Our Resident Strela expert   Russ Cook ( + many others) maybe can explain

Thanks very much for sharing   :thumbup:

Edited by martinzx

Hey  ludi

thanks for posting love the Sekonda / Strella have not seen one like that before, it has the same dial & hands as an early Strella? but Sekonda cool! The patina of the dial looks good & original    :to_become_senile:

Our Resident Strela expert   Russ Cook ( + many others) maybe can explain

Thanks very much for sharing   :thumbup:

Hello Martin,

Thanks for your nice comments :thumbsup:

I bought this one a while ago from a fellow member here (hello Stuart :ok: ).

This dial is quite a mystery to me though... According this...

3017_d10.jpg

(credit WUS)

... the 3017 caliber is from 1962/63 but the Sekonda branch was launched in 1966 UK.

The dial is a bit unusual: noticed the SEKONDA writings with a big A.

I've found an other model with this type of writing...

sekond10.jpg

(credit WUS)

... similar to mine:

24102010.jpg

09120910.jpg

I haver no clue nor proof, but I suppose these dial above were designed for the earlier model of both these brand... anyway further details or information would be very appreciated :smartass:

best :)

Edited by ludi

In addition, the "Strela family" gather all together :gossip:

strela10.jpg

(credit www.ussrwatches.info)

best rgds :)

sorry edit mistake :sweatdrop: (don't know how to cancel ???)

Edited by ludi

Hallo Iudi!

Fine Strela! :man_in_love:

Maybe a moviment from old stock is encased into a more young watch branded Sekonda. The bigger final A is well known, could be an inizial logo for Sekonda Strelas, from 1966 (but I'm not sure, any more expert could correct my idea).

The only strange things are red hand in subdials.

Good catch, however! :notworthy:

Edited by Vaurien

Hallo Iudi!

Maybe a moviment from old stock is encased into a more young watch branded Sekonda. The bigger final A is well known, could be an inizial logo for Sekonda Strelas, from 1966 (but I'm not sure, any more expert could correct my idea).

Thanks for details :thumbup:

Well noticed BTW: subdials hands are original... but repainted in red by the previous owner :artist:

Below is a pic of its initial condition (same watch, previous owner before Stuart...)

sekond11.jpg

best :victory:

Edited by ludi

Hallo Iudi!

Thanks for details :thumbup:

Well noticed BTW: subdials hands are original... but repainted in red by the previous owner :artist:

Below is a pic of its initial condition (same watch, previous owner before Stuart...)

sekond11.jpg

best :victory:

Another one I need to get :wub:

Just bought this;

1297aa.jpg

This now leaves me with 2 dilemma's

First, I've not seen one of these with this fluted bezel before, so despite buying from a well reputed 'bayer on recommendation I'm hoping it's not a franken. Anyone with info to confirm / allay my fears? Still I love the look of it anyway. Calendar dated to run to 2012, so at east 2 years running from it before I stop using the calendar feature.

Secondly problem; I've now just blown my own rule about one watch per manufacturer into oblivion as this is my 2nd Raketa, so it looks like my 24hr Globus will have to go. Shame but there are too many brands / weird functions to collect & not enough space / money to go round them so if anyones interested I'll probably be putting it on the ads site soon.

I don't think it's a franken, I've seen watches like that before. It's probably a new "spiced" model as the "regular" models have a calender only until 2000.

(EDIT: Missed the zentiar stamp on the photo... definitely not a franken if it came from him!)

Regarding your rule, sorry but it's clearly a silly rule :P Only one Raketa, only one Vostok, only one Poljot??? No way Jose!!! Not possible!!! :wink:

Edited by Kutusov

I don't think it's a franken, I've seen watches like that before. It's probably a new "spiced" model as the "regular" models have a calender only until 2000.

(EDIT: Missed the zentiar stamp on the photo... definitely not a franken if it came from him!)

Regarding your rule, sorry but it's clearly a silly rule :P Only one Raketa, only one Vostok, only one Poljot??? No way Jose!!! Not possible!!! :wink:

Still need a Strela, Amphibia, VE Maxim Gorky or Icebreaker, as well as a host of other russians too numerous to mention, so the rule HAS to stand. Nearly didn't buy it, but the temptation of such a good looking watch in (allegedly) mint condition with a 1992 eternal calendar was TOO much especially seeing some of the same type you guys have got. Once the globus has gone it also means I'll also have to find another manufacturer that does 24hr movements.

Once the globus has gone it also means I'll also have to find another manufacturer that does 24hr movements.

Well, VE makes them... but then you won't be able to buy the Icebreaker... :D

Once the globus has gone it also means I'll also have to find another manufacturer that does 24hr movements.

Well, VE makes them... but then you won't be able to buy the Icebreaker... :D

Was sorely tempted to get that orange expedition trophy on offer in the sales section. Very nice :man_in_love:

Anyway, buying an original style Vostok next before a VE. Still fancy a blue ministry scuba dude but I found Vauriens orange Amphib appealing & it can come in a ministry case......

Buying only one of each & getting exactly the right one (eventually) is somewhat masochistic but immensely satisfying.