• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
martinzx

Add Your Latest USSR Editions

3,920 posts in this topic

^^^

The bracelet is from Gerlach in Poland, the nato is a cheapo, proper cotton/canvas I got off Amazon, don't know how long it's going to last, but it is very comfortable.

My Zaria. Poljot 3105 movement, which is as you'll probably know is a simplified 3133. Lovely smooth winding mechanism, about 50 hour's reserve and runs about + 1.5 seconds/48 hours.

thumb?viewBox=622

1 person likes this

This modded Vostok Scuba Dude will be joining us soon.  :naughty:

s_l1600.jpg

1 person likes this

Amphibia arrived.    The coin edge bezel mod really turns it into a lovely little watch.      

CAM01948_1.jpg

CAM01947_1.jpg

CAM01945_1.jpg

CAM01949_1.jpg

4 people like this

Rather unusual Bezel insert you have there Trigger it certainly suits the Amphibia :thumbsup:

1 person likes this

Some pics on a bracelet.

CAM01951.jpg

CAM01952.jpg

CAM01956_1.jpg

CAM01954_1.jpg

3 people like this

My latest Vostok has finally arrived. I've already swapped the black bezel for an identically sized red one:

DSC_0098_zpskz6fjxuu.jpg

With it's older Soviet cousin, the 470 Amphibia:

DSC_00931_zpsypcnmhd0.jpg

Overall, I'm very impressed. The new crowns are a massive improvement and even the rubber strap is pretty decent - no more hair ripping, folded metal monstrosities from Vostok! If I had one gripe, it would be that the bezel is slightly too small for the watch. Easily fixed though as I have god knows how many different types of Vostok bezels stashed away ready for this type of emergency ;)

4 people like this

Looks great. I'm going to be uncharacteristically patient and wait for the baton dial version that's a closer cousin to your old one (I also have that old one and always wished they'd reissue it).

New case looks considerably more beefy.

Got this one at the weekend, Zim/Pobeda.

thumb?viewBox=626

Finally found the parts to finish off my 2nd Slava Amphibia. Probably the rarest Amphibia watch out there.

DSC_0136_zpsvnvmk110.jpg

5 people like this

^^^^
Lovely! More infos please.

5 hours ago, wotsch said:

^^^^
Lovely! More infos please.

Both have the Slava 2414 twin barrel movement. This was supposedly the cream of Russian watch movements, a Soviet chronometer if you will. Unfortunately it gained a reputation for being very unreliable. The case is unusual for a Soviet diver as it features 20mm lugs and a steel bezel with bakelite insert. The dial design was completely ripped off from the Zodiac Seawolf.
Apparently (and I've no way of confirming it), this watch was never officially released. When the Soviet Union was busy collapsing, rumour has it that all existing examples were smuggled out of the factory in bits and reassembled later by the employees.

The one on the left has the incorrect dial but considering the rarity of the watch, it's the closest I could get.

Had my space force komandirskies today photos to follow when I get enough steam up on my geriatric laptop lol

On 8 October 2010 at 10:13, Vaurien said:

yes, a lovable white Strela not so big to throw you down, not so modern to appear unsuitable to russian watchmaking :man_in_love:

And since everybody must improve oneself, always, you should really try to catch that black Sekonda you're dreaming of... did I ever show you mine? :hypocrite:

3901170300_d828601d33.jpg

Now that's a watch!!!!

image_zpsd918dw4f.jpegimage_zpsd8lnu1qx.jpegimage_zpsibzuxbwg.jpegimage_zpsxvpkuudp.jpegimage_zpsgyfknft3.jpegimage_zpsgjxcogng.jpegimage_zpshj8aj8hq.jpegimage_zpsjolxumwu.jpegimage_zpssa2ivlet.jpegimage_zpscpize636.jpegimage_zpsimpfqio5.jpegimage_zpsm7sshz1a.jpegimage_zpsxw6ur28g.jpegimage_zpsx5avok82.jpeg

image_zpsauzi0bt1.jpegimage_zpsnovat1xq.jpeg

I thought I would add some to the collection, enjoy.

1 person likes this

On 11/28/2016 at 01:55, Gizzalicious said:

I thought I would add some to the collection, enjoy.

Very nice.

image_zpsgyfknft3.jpeg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

1 person likes this

One of mine for your delectation (yes, I have Russian timepieces as well!).

First is the Vostok cal 2809 (chronometer) 1960's.

As some of you know already know, Vostok acquired Zenith technology and proceeded to produce their version of the cal 135.

They continued on with the over sized balance wheel & Reeds micro regulator but increased the jewel count to 22 along with a repositioned second hand.

Back cover is secured by the typical 'bagablok' sealing ring.

Never understood why this method isn't used more universally, prevents shearing action on the seals?

Their testing standard's was much higher than the Swiss (COSC) at the time.

IMHO, they are a high performance vintage timepiece that can still be obtained for relatively little money & will continue to increase in value.

Alan

large.IMG_1782.JPGlarge.IMG_1783.JPG

4 people like this

On 1 December 2016 at 11:03, Karrusel said:

As some of you know already know, Vostok acquired Zenith technology and proceeded to produce their version of the cal 135.

They continued on with the over sized balance wheel & Reeds micro regulator but increased the jewel count to 22 along with a repositioned second hand.

Never understood why this method isn't used more universally, prevents shearing action on the seals?

IMHO, they are a high performance vintage timepiece that can still be obtained for relatively little money & will continue to increase in value.

Alan

Stunning movement.

On 01/12/2016 at 11:03, Karrusel said:

large.IMG_1783.JPG

That balance wheel! 

7a3S6CY.jpg

1 person likes this

On 12/1/2016 at 11:03, Karrusel said:

Alan

Here's one I dithered on, and missed.

il_570xN.955316192_3xs1.jpg

il_570xN.1001861733_jjre.jpg

1 person likes this