• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Chromejob

Sometimes It'S Better In The Dark

Often my watch just doesn't work well in dim light. It overcompensates ... it adjusts to a monstrously low white level ... but in the last 24 hours, my Fujifilm E900 (9MP, with RAW capability, though neither of these were taken in RAW) has come through quite nicely. Brought a smile to my face even.

Minimal editing in Photoshop other than adjusting the white level down to the proper threshold, and maybe boosting saturation 10%.

Hope you like.

Last night (under the table)...

20100727-2960_seiko7s26silverdiver_dark_wrist_640.jpg

This morning (bedside table)...

20100728-2970_ow5513_omegastand_1280.jpg

... Let's see your best night moves.

A good tip is a black light , you can get small keyring ones which show the lume up well ;)

Not sure why I sold this one :wallbash:

seikols.jpg

Neither am I, just taken this picture well you were posting this, snap you might say. Thanks for the watch.

IMG_4685.jpg

Edited by dombox40

A good tip is a black light , you can get small keyring ones which show the lume up well ;)

Black light? Cheating. ;)

I've found nothing better than shining my Honda Euro Accord's HID (Xenon) headlight onto a watch for about 2-4 seconds. I have to find a big enough black light to illuminate the dial and bezel ... little "dog pee discoverer" ones are too focused.

Oh, I have a small, powerful LED flashlight (charges in the lighter socket of the car) does a bang up job, too.

This is the best I could do on my Monaco.

That doesn't look like nighttime, though. :nono:

Here,s one of my Fortis Flieger taken by James.

Lovely!

Not sure why I sold this one :wallbash:

Someone at Seiko got the sizes of the numbers wrong? Nice looking all the same.

Edited by David Spalding

Two of my favs below - I love that the Oris Small Second second dial has its own lume - The Fortis is just in a class of its own though ... Paul :thumbsup:

4644568898_1d7ae687dc_o.jpg

4643952487_4b20d78971_o.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice....! (BTW, guys, I was being tongue in cheek for my previous comments. All nice watches.) But the thread idea is natural (or near-natural) shots of watches in the night, in the dark. Use of black lights or Photoshop to darken the overall image, or make the lume stand out, are gently suggested to be out of bounds. (We have daytime and black light-augmented pics in the forums already.)

I forgot about these pics I took when I got my M5 ... taken in a darkened room at dusk, with lume charged 5 mins prior in another room.

20100611-2620_owm5_dialwithlume.jpg

20100611-2623_owm5_night_lume.jpg

Yikes, the lume on those Omega hands really glow right (and long).

Often my watch just doesn't work well in dim light. It overcompensates ... it adjusts to a monstrously low white level ...

Yikes, I meant Often my camera just doesn't work well in dim light....

Edited by David Spalding

Guest Om_nom_nom_Watches!

Yesterday I came home and noticed that my Reactor was glowing SOOO brightly...

My (2004) camera is quite poor in low light conditions, although still (without any long exposure) it picked this up:

2quj2as.jpg

:)

Nice shots David! :photo:

This was taken while out caving...........in my under stairs cupboard amongst the Spiders! :scared:

100_0424.jpg

I like the numerals on that Reactor!

I find that "macro mode" is a must but sometimes it depends upon the watch, not the camera...

20100729-2973_seiko7s26_night_lume_800.jpg

20100729-2978_owm5_night_lume_shot_with_seiko_800.jpg

This Seiko burns bright all night long ... what in the gods' names did Seiko use on this? (I may have to point out that no black lights were used in taking these.)

I forgot to post this recent shot of my new Orient...

20100831-3124_orientcev09_lume_800.jpg

Edited by David Spalding
  • Like 1

Cheating or not - I've always quite liked my attempt with my #17

2007-11-10RLT17-7-1.jpg

2007-11-10RLT17-6.jpg

• Like 1

Ok, my crappy lume shots... I have no idea how to set the exposure to less than 30 seconds :bag: I could read the manual but it's a HUGE thing...

Alpha Radiomir Chrono

alpharadiomirchronolume.jpg

From left to right: Sterile Pilot, Citizen NY0040 and MM Black Seal homage:

lumeshotsmmny0040pilotb.jpg

Citizen NY0040

lumeshotsmmny0040pilotb.jpg

MM Luminor Ti

mmlume.jpg

The Sterile Pilot

lume002.jpg

Here's my attempt with my new camera, no idea about the settings though just a lucky shot after some fiddling around with it.

You should be able to retrieve your settings from the photo properties on your Photobucket hosting site.

Here's my attempt with my new camera, no idea about the settings though just a lucky shot after some fiddling around with it.

You should be able to retrieve your settings from the photo properties on your Photobucket hosting site.

Ok first daft question :lol: :lol:

How will photobucket know what the camera set up was ?????