• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ETCHY

Sekonda Day Date

3 posts in this topic

Hello

I have an incoming 70's/ 80's Sekonda Automatic day/date with the starburst type case. I believe these have a Slava movement.

It has a small button in addition to the crown for changing (I think) the day.

Can anyone advise how this button stuff works? How do I change the day & date? Do I have to pull the crown out before pressing the button or can I do it at anytime?

Help would be appreciated as when it gets here I don't want to knacker it by doing the wrong thing :shocking:

Any general info' on these watches would also be interesting :wink:

Cheers

Dave

I've done this answer a few times now, but yes, the button is a quick change on the date only. You use a stylus or fingernail to push this in and the date should change as the button is released. A common fault is the button sticks through lack of use so it's a good idea to exercise it now and then by using it to set the date manually!. :yes:

The day set is done by pulling out the crwon and turning - it's NOT a quickset so you have to work through the twenty four hours to get in to go over - but of course the date also goes over at midnight! :eek:

The easiest way to set day date and time on these is to use the day and time set first - so, pull out the crown and wind to correct day and then time, remembering to allow for going through mid-day if you are doing this PM. Then use the pusher to set the date to the correct one. SEEMPLES (we need a meerkat icon! :lol:)

HTH a bit. Good reliable Slava movements. :yes:

slavadoctor.jpg

SLAVA Medical Watch

where the pusher is incised into the side so it cannot be seen from the front - same movement and setting procedure.

That's great, cheers for the advice & help Mel :thumbsup:

I like that Slava a lot !

Many thanks

Dave

:)