• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system and the sales forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gm3suz

Breitling Aerospace

4 posts in this topic

I have just been quoted £70 to have my Breitling Aerospace battery replaced and after spending a few hours googling, found that some people have done this successfully, using a knife or sharp screwdriver to remove the back, once the back is off it is quite easy to change the battery. Before I even attempt this I would need a more detailed description of how to remove the back, does anyone know of a tool that will do this without scratching the case ?

Thanks for any replies, gm3suz.

I would take it to a decent watch maker and have him do it he will have the proper tools as its not just a case of replacing the battrey as the seals may need replacing otherwise it may leak when it gets wet.

Personaly if you consider most aerospaces are worth around £600-£1000 £70 does not seam a lot and the fact the Breitling will clean and polish it and fix any problems with it its a small price to pay really

I would take it to a decent watch maker and have him do it he will have the proper tools as its not just a case of replacing the battrey as the seals may need replacing otherwise it may leak when it gets wet.

Personaly if you consider most aerospaces are worth around £600-£1000 £70 does not seam a lot and the fact the Breitling will clean and polish it and fix any problems with it its a small price to pay really

Thanks for your helpful response. I got the watch as a retiral present more than 10 years ago, I'm 74 years old and rarely use the watch, perhaps two or three times a year. Being a pensioner £70 is quite a large amount to pay and probably works out at £10 for every time I wear the watch. I have taken it to two jewellers in Glasgow, the place I bought it from and another reputable jeweller and they both said that they no longer service Breitling watches but they could send it to Breitling for me, for £70. Will ask around my local jewellers and see what they come up with and I see that someone on EBay is advertising something that removes deep scratches in Titanium ! Best Regards and Thanks again for your input.