Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Breitling Aerospace

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I have just been quoted £70 to have my Breitling Aerospace battery replaced and after spending a few hours googling, found that some people have done this successfully, using a knife or sharp screwdriver to remove the back, once the back is off it is quite easy to change the battery. Before I even attempt this I would need a more detailed description of how to remove the back, does anyone know of a tool that will do this without scratching the case ?

Thanks for any replies, gm3suz.

Posted

I would take it to a decent watch maker and have him do it he will have the proper tools as its not just a case of replacing the battrey as the seals may need replacing otherwise it may leak when it gets wet.

Personaly if you consider most aerospaces are worth around £600-£1000 £70 does not seam a lot and the fact the Breitling will clean and polish it and fix any problems with it its a small price to pay really

Posted

I would take it to a decent watch maker and have him do it he will have the proper tools as its not just a case of replacing the battrey as the seals may need replacing otherwise it may leak when it gets wet.

Personaly if you consider most aerospaces are worth around £600-£1000 £70 does not seam a lot and the fact the Breitling will clean and polish it and fix any problems with it its a small price to pay really

Posted

Thanks for your helpful response. I got the watch as a retiral present more than 10 years ago, I'm 74 years old and rarely use the watch, perhaps two or three times a year. Being a pensioner £70 is quite a large amount to pay and probably works out at £10 for every time I wear the watch. I have taken it to two jewellers in Glasgow, the place I bought it from and another reputable jeweller and they both said that they no longer service Breitling watches but they could send it to Breitling for me, for £70. Will ask around my local jewellers and see what they come up with and I see that someone on EBay is advertising something that removes deep scratches in Titanium ! Best Regards and Thanks again for your input.