Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

British Military Timor Www Wrist Watch

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have been wanting to get a WWW watch in my military collection for some time I messed up on the first one I got a CYMA at a NAWCC mart turned out to be fake got my money back on that one hard to believe that some would go to all that trouble to make that small amount of money I did a thead on it at the MWR forum just ask I will post a link to it.It fooled some until they saw the movement and some of the experts pointed out other things about the case and dial.I then started looking for another and found this Timor I wanted the a CYMA do to the size 37mm but the Timor is good size to at 36.5mm I like the dial and hands and the case is in real good shape and they have a size size crown.

002-34.jpg

3596408345_9ef8ff5d8b.jpg

006-25.jpg

007-21.jpg

Look at the size difference to a Waltham A-17 of the same era.

Edited by river rat

Posted

Very, very nice. I admit to being envious.

Posted

Potz nice records.There were 12 differnt watch co. that made WWW watches I wish I had could afford to get all 12 that's what they call the dirty dozen.

Posted

Just over one third of the way to a Dirty Dozen (Cyma, Timor, Record, Omega, Lemania), but really like these watches:

04fb451d.jpg

Posted

Thats one classic and gorgeous looking watch, love the strap as well, on my list ,

paul

Posted

thats a perfect mil watch, great size as well

Posted

I like mine.....bought it in a militaria sale at Colchester.....somebody walked off with a raped M16......just walked out the auction house with the bloody thing unwrapped, not sure if he ever made it home :lol:

TimorWWW.jpg

Posted

I like mine.....bought it in a militaria sale at Colchester.....somebody walked off with a raped M16......just walked out the auction house with the bloody thing unwrapped, not sure if he ever made it home :lol:

TimorWWW.jpg

Was that a working M-16 full auto.

Posted

They're very good looking, especially with the aged lume.

Pardon my ignorance, but what does "WWW" stand for? Apart from the World Wide Web that is. These watches seem to predate that.

Posted

They're very good looking, especially with the aged lume.

Pardon my ignorance, but what does "WWW" stand for? Apart from the World Wide Web that is. These watches seem to predate that.

WWW stands for Watches,Wristlet,Waterproof and it did age well since these were made in the 1940's to early 1950's.

Posted

now that's a classic.. im glad i saw this .. haven't seen this WWW in ages.. thanks for sharing this !

:wheelchair:

Posted

I'd love to get one but the Omega's in particular are going for ridiculous amounts - I've seen up to £999 believe it or not. I think that I'll have to make do with something else

Posted

Nice watch I had never seen ot before, Thank you for sharing.

Posted

Lovely looking watch and that strap looks supeb...........out of interest what is the strap ?

thanks

barry

Posted (edited)

Lovely looking watch and that strap looks supeb...........out of interest what is the strap ?

thanks

barry

The strap is made by Jürgen's he is out of Germany.He sells at some forums sells sections.I think they sell for around 36.00 US.

Edited by river rat

Posted (edited)

I'd love to get one but the Omega's in particular are going for ridiculous amounts - I've seen up to £999 believe it or not. I think that I'll have to make do with something else

Yes, and the IWC's are going for double that and upwards! For those on a sensible budget, the Timor is a nice watch, one I started collecting with. There are a lot of Frankenstein jobs on the 'Bay, though - for a purchase like this I'd recommend purchasing via a decent dealer. They are not particualrly scarce - I saw one in Austin Kaye a few days ago, and that jewellers shop on the corner near the station in Victoria (can't remember the name)

Edited by Deptfordboy