Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1980's Longines

3 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I have a 1980's Longines watch. My wife (then girlfriend) bough it for me as a 21st birthday present. Although it seemed the type of watch to but at the time it looks really dated now. It's a thin watch with a flat glass, it has a white face and has no date window. It has a mechanical movement, which is quite rare as most of them at that time had the quartz movement.

It still works fine and keeps good time. I just don't like wearing it as it looks so dated. I changed the original black strap with a bracelet, and it looks a bit better. However, I was looking at it the other day and thought that if I could just change the glass for a more domed glass, it would look so much more like a classic watch and not a faddy design from the eighties. I still have a soft spot for Longines and have since bought a Dolce Vita.

Anyone have any ideas what I could do to make it look more likeable. At the moment I keep it in a case, wind it up every now and again I'd love to wear it but its so ....dated, not even classic.

Posted · Report post

Hi and welcome to the Watch Forum :rltb:

You are more likely to get a reply if you post some picture and provide more details i.e. model, dimensions etc. from the members.

Good luck S :)

Posted · Report post

Thanks, might just do that.

Not sure about the model number though. I haven't a clue, I was hoping someone could tell me.

I have searched around but cannot find any similar models where i could even get a clue as to what it is. I see plenty of them in second hand dealers but no info on th model.