Grail Arrival - Orient "blue Mako"

11 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Yeah, I know it's a relative "cheapie", but I fell in love with this thing the moment I set eyes on it (you know how it is) even though I don't particularly like dive watches. Orient apparently stopped making these a while ago so all attempts to purchase one new turned out to be dead-ends so this watch became a "grail" for me. Luckily, fellow forum member Ventura spotted one for sale on TZUK after reading my WTB on this forum and put me in touch with the seller (Luberfly) who happened to be an occasional poster on this forum. Anyway, to cut a long story short, the deal was duly done and my Blue Mako arrived safely all the way from Italy last week. Since then it's hardly been off my wrist.

I don't particularly like the "rubber" strap, so will be hunting down an original Orient oyster bracelet for it in due course, but other than that I am totally delighted with the watch. The blue dial is a thing of beauty in sunlight and the watch keeps amazing time - gains less than a second per day on my wrist - incredible!

Anyway, without further ado, here it is:

Posted (edited) · Report post

They are very nice watches, I`ve got the pepsi & am very impressed with it thumbup.gif

Orient CEM65006D EM85CS 21 Jewels

I have to agree about the rubber strap, it really needs the original bracelet IMO wink2.gif Edited by mach 0.0013137

Posted · Report post

Nice looking watches...Love the sword hands. Definately looks better on the Bracelet.

Posted · Report post

Big congrats! For me it was the same situation with the Orange Monster, a real cheapie (atleast when you consider how wellmade it is wink.gif) but something I knew a wanted in my collection.

Posted · Report post

I agree with all this. I have had several Orient watches and they are outstanding value for money - perhaps I will get flamed for this but in a lot of ways they are better value than Seiko.

Rob

Posted · Report post

V nice. What's the button for?

Posted · Report post

QUOTE (Barryboy @ Oct 13 2008, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with all this. I have had several Orient watches and they are outstanding value for money - perhaps I will get flamed for this but in a lot of ways they are better value than Seiko.

Rob

Generally I prefer Orient to Seiko wink2.gif

Posted · Report post

elegant; I like it

Posted · Report post

It dosen't matter if it's a cheapie, it all comes down to wheather you like it or not wink.gif

Posted · Report post

QUOTE (Mrcrowley @ Oct 13 2008, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
V nice. What's the button for?

Changing the date wink.gif