• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system and the sales forum.
pg tips

Formula 1 (the Infamous F1 Thread)

2,090 posts in this topic

I have absolutely nothing to contribute, I just wanted to be the one to knock the number of replies over into 4 figures :tongue2:

Sorry "New member"..... :ph34r:

well done Robert, the 1,000th post in the thread! :D and alf for the 1001st :ph34r:

The rules are bloody stupid aren't they?

Mind you Kimi did win in Australia with an illegal floor pan but wasn't deducted any points

the whole f1 hierarchy stinks, it's about time there was a root and branch clear out, a complete revision of the rules and a ban on Ferrari :ph34r:

well done Robert, the 1,000th post in the thread! :D and alf for the 1001st :ph34r:

B****cks, didnt notice, that'll teach me to answer the phone halfway through writing a post.

Can I demand a inquiry? oh hang on, I'm not Ferrari, so the odds would be stacked against me from the start :lol:

I am sorry guys but I still don't get the appeal of F1 .... Champ/Indy racing is better ..... the cars are only a few seconds slower than F1 and given they are 400lbs heavier it isn't bad going. A team will spend less than 10% of an equivalent F1 team, the racing is close and on an oval circuit very fast.

With a bit of luck Champ and Indy will get back together again in a couple of years and I am sure then it will be able to take on F1 which has become so tedious. This years Indy champion and Indy 500 winner is Dario Franchitti from Bathgate in Scotland, in 2005 it was Englishman Dan Wheldon.

Whilst looking for an Indy clip I came across this bit of amateur footage of the start of the Indy 500 in 2007, it really made me smile, check out the little kid from about 1'05" when he catches sight of the cars :D

I love watching Indy on race circuits, ovals bore me :D ...But on proper tracks its like old style F1 :P

So what you are saying Jase, is that new style F1 is a load of crap; and I would generally support this view when it is clear to anyone with half a brain that all decisions centred around irregularities will always come out on the side of Ferrari and its luvvies.

The desire to increase viewers has resulted in the demise of F1 as a true racing formula. Once teams were forced to use tyres not suitable for the track or conditions F1 lost all credibilty.

What is next ? Tell all teams they must complete half race distance on three wheels ?

Bring F1 back to what it should be Grand Prix winner takes all, no holds barred racing.

The 'rules' are now a farce keep it simple, size of engine, size of car.

No Griff, thats not what I said :rolleyes:

I do think F1 has changed, I do prefer the 'good old days' but it has nothing to do with your percieved and unfounded ideas about FIA decisions, you need to use the other side of that brain ;)

I'm expecting money for results plots and race fixing to pop up out of the woodwork some time in the future.

There's a lot of money involved here, and I think Lewis has been on the rough end of things.

IMO the whole of the sport as it currently stands stinks like Bury Fish Market

Come off it, most of the 'stinkyness' this year has been from the Woking direction... :D

Lewis hasnt been hard done by, he only lost by 2 points! No one stopped his championship win but himself and the team, if anyone tried to scupper his title they did a piss poor job, he should have cruised to the title in that last race but diddnt, talk me through how anyone outside the team influenced Lewes's result on Sunday....

They should bring back Can-Am or Sports Protoype racing , nothing like the sound of a fuel injected big block chevy motor at 8000rpm !

.... they did a piss poor job, he should have cruised to the title in that last race but diddnt, talk me through how anyone outside the team influenced Lewes's result on Sunday....

Mclarens strategy in China and Rio suddenly became inept :huh: .... I don't buy it at all

As the Griffster says it smells fishy :fish:

Why?

What do you think happened?

I promise you, Ron would never make a 'deal' with Max, there would be too many people in on it for it not to leak to the press, the race engineers, mechanics etc....

Imagine the damage to the sport if anything was proved that the FIA made McDennis throw the championship!

The leverage having that information would give McLaren would be huge, it just diddnt happen.....What have McLaren got out of this deal? They lost both championships, its hard to see how they got a good deal out of throwing the last 2 races....

Look at the year Kimi had - a very well deserved title.

Lewis would also have deserved it but I think inexperience and adrenalin got the better of him in the last two races - Brazil in particular. Dropping from 2nd to 4th and losing a place to Fernando must have really p1ssed him off.

He was racing to win the chamionship and win the race and beat Fernando. A bit more experience and he would probably have thought - what the hell, championship is most important

Why?

What do you think happened?

I promise you, Ron would never make a 'deal' with Max, there would be too many people in on it for it not to leak to the press, the race engineers, mechanics etc....

Imagine the damage to the sport if anything was proved that the FIA made McDennis throw the championship!

The leverage having that information would give McLaren would be huge, it just diddnt happen.....What have McLaren got out of this deal? They lost both championships, its hard to see how they got a good deal out of throwing the last 2 races....

I agree Jase, it would be crazy for Ron to do a deal with Max / FIA .... but that's not who i was thinking about ..... take this hypothetical scenario

McLaren do a deal with Ecclestone and Ferrari to give Ferrari the title in return for Ferrari not pursuing Mclaren with industrial espionage charges. Just a fishy thought :P

Just reading back through this thread - 480 posts for the 2004, 05 and 06 seasons combined. Over 500 for this season alone.

Look at the TV ratings - ITV article

The rules and politics are saddening but doesn't look like its turning people off

PISS BUM TOSS ARSE :mad::furious:

Im not watching anymore :bb:

:lol::lol::lol:

PISS BUM TOSS ARSE :mad::furious:

Im not watching anymore :bb:

:lol::lol::lol:

:rltb:

McLaren do a deal with Ecclestone and Ferrari to give Ferrari the title in return for Ferrari not pursuing Mclaren with industrial espionage charges. Just a fishy thought

Mmmm you think too much :D

10.gif

Ahhh nostalgia. There I am on post 95, three years ago .... Still think the rules I proposed then (#101) should be mandatory now.

Nice to see it's still going tho. (the thread, that is)

Ross Brawn is coming back to F1......

To run the Honda team!

Good luck to him, it needs sorting out.....

I see Hamiltons selling shares in himself, and is moving to Switzerland 'to protect his privicy' :rolleyes:

The ego has landed..........

Ross Brawn is coming back to F1......

To run the Honda team!

Good luck to him, it needs sorting out.....

Honda need all the help they can get!

I see Hamiltons selling shares in himself, and is moving to Switzerland 'to protect his privicy' :rolleyes:

The ego has landed..........

Or he's testing McLaren's secret new clockwork motor ;)

I'm more interested though in how Domenicali's going to do at Ferrari.

The FIA has rejected McLaren’s appeal of the Brazilian Grand Prix result as inadmissible – thereby confirming Kimi Raikkonen as the 2007 Formula 1 world champion.

After two days of deliberations over the ‘cool fuel’ dispute, the governing body’s International Court of Appeal upheld the decision of the Brazilian GP stewards not to penalise Nico Rosberg of Williams and BMW drivers Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld, who finished fourth, fifth and sixth respectively.

The FIA Statutes require appeals to the ICA against decisions by the stewards of a meeting to be lodged by "at least one of the parties concerned".

Williams and BMW argued that the appeal was inadmissible since McLaren wasn’t an interested party in the stewards’ initial inquiry and did not protest the result at the time, and this argument was accepted by the four independent judges.

Congratulations Kimi, F1 Driver World Champion 2007 with Ferrari, 2007 Constructor Champion :D

I would love to quote all the various posts through the year that 'gave' it to Lewis and McLaren but I wouldnt want to gloat......