• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
pg tips

Formula 1 (the Infamous F1 Thread)

2,090 posts in this topic

Hmmmm ..... something just doesn't seem right since Mclarengate .... Bernie the small saying pre-race he wanted Kimi to win and that Lewis had many years ahead of him ..... keeping him out on the tyres in China .... not fuelling him enough during the pit-stop today and the gearbox going wrong and then suddenly working again ..... hmmmm

I am normally not a conspiracy theorist ..... but .... it has all been too convenient ... Ferrari are now happy .... McLaren's season written off ... a deal perhaps?

Hmmmm ..... something just doesn't seem right since Mclarengate .... Bernie the small saying pre-race he wanted Kimi to win and that Lewis had many years ahead of him ..... keeping him out on the tyres in China .... not fuelling him enough during the pit-stop today and the gearbox going wrong and then suddenly working again ..... hmmmm

I am normally not a conspiracy theorist ..... but .... it has all been too convenient ... Ferrari are now happy .... McLaren's season written off ... a deal perhaps?

im no expert in f1, but i think that you have hit the nail on the head there......reading between the lines

And Hamilton accidentally used an extra set of tyres and had to hand them in....

im no expert in f1, but i think that you have hit the nail on the head there......reading between the lines

The thought had crossed my mind as well. Something not quite right somewhere. :blink:

Nonsense. Lewis blew it right at the start and Ron even said that their pit stop strategy allowed Lewis to gain 10 seconds on the track. Not sure about the gearbox though. I wonder if Uri Geller and a few million Tifosi willing him to fail had something to do with it!. The extra tyres used in practice had no bearing on today's result of course, although it did cost Ron another £10,000 or so :lol:

The extra tyres used in practice had no bearing on today's result of course, although it did cost Ron another £10,000 or so :lol:

I thought he had one set less to use today?

Don't forget that Kimi had the most wins throughout the season - he was the best driver but just got a lot less publicity about it because of all the other shenanigans

The extra tyres used in practice had no bearing on today's result of course, although it did cost Ron another £10,000 or so :lol:

I thought he had one set less to use today?

True, but the extra set they had to surrender were "wets" and it was a dry race today so they had no reason to use wet weather tyres anyway. At least that's how I understood it. Could be wrong; it's all far too complicated :blink:

Fuel temperature irreugularities by BMW and Sauber overlooked ..... still no conspiracy Rich, Jase? :P

And Hamilton accidentally used an extra set of tyres and had to hand them in....

Fuel temperature irreugularities by BMW and Sauber overlooked ..... still no conspiracy Rich, Jase? :P

No deal.... Dennis would NEVER agree to anything like that NEVER, makes for a good theory and discussion but they lost out to circumstances, the Chamionship isnt won or lost in the last race, every race is as important as the other Its just not possible to engineer a finish like this one.... :D

McLosers are appealing the decision...They will lose the appeal though :D

Eeeeer no.................they should not lose the appeal!!! <_<

McLaren have been persecuted throughout this championship.

I agree with Damon Hill. If the rules have been broken, as VERY strong evidence suggests, then Lewis is indeed champ.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Something stinks here big time, and it is the smell of fuel!!!

BMW and Sauber must be penalised!! They have broken the rules, and this can't be overlooked!!!!! <_<<_<<_<

The words "straws" and "clutching" immediately spring to mind.

Even if the appeal is upheld and Lewis is awarded the Championship, I can't help but feel that would be an unsatisfactory result for anyone, especially Lewis.

I suppose Ron might be able to take advantage of such a situation to help offset some of his £50m bill though :lol:

Of course they will lose the appeal, it will indirectly punish ferrari and we all know that will never happen

Even if it is upheld, I doubt it will change the result. McLaren will have to argue that Lewis would have been able to successfully catch and pass both BMW's if their fuel had been a tad warmer, to claim 5th. place and thus the Championship! Yeah, right :lol:

Most likely BMW and Williams will get a fine or a few points deducted, if the appeal is upheld at all.

The outcome has upset former world champion Damon Hill, who has accused F1's race stewards of exercising double standards.

He feels McLaren have been on the wrong side of FIA decisions on more than one occasion this season while other teams have escaped censure.

"It does get quite difficult to see where the consistency lies," Hill told Radio 5live.

Edited by Griff

On track, the racing has been fantastic.

Off the track, it all seems like another episode of "Hustle" with McLaren getting :smiley-faces-85: in the end by Ferrari, Max and Alonso the :*****:

Really pathetic! :(

Plus points for Lewis keeping his cool and Kimi for keeping his head down and doing the biz!

Edited by hakim

Griff said:

The outcome has upset former world champion Damon Hill

Oh dear, what a pity, never mind :D

And also all those who think the whole sport is biased and skewed to the interests of Ferrari

All three of you?

Everthing is all fair and square then..............isn't it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :taz:

The outcome has upset former world champion Damon Hill, who has accused F1's race stewards of exercising double standards.

He feels McLaren have been on the wrong side of FIA decisions on more than one occasion this season while other teams have escaped censure.

"It does get quite difficult to see where the consistency lies," Hill told Radio 5live.

I would imagine he has to say that, being President of the BRDC. Obviously going to stick up for British drivers.

Here is what the fuel irregularities thing is all about...

No way will an appeal win...

Article 6.5.5 of the Formula 1 technical regulations states: “No fuel on board the car may be more than 10 degrees centigrade below ambient temperature.â€

FIA technical delegate Jo Bauer reported that the fuel samples from all four cars showed temperatures 12-14C lower than the ambient at the time.

But the stewards said they could not be certain the temperatures were outside the 10C limit due to conflicting evidence.

They pointed to a discrepancy between the ambient temperature recorded on the Formula One Management timing monitors and that provided by the FIA and team-contracted meteorologists Meteo France – and said there was no “regulation stating in clear terms that for the purposes of Article 6.5.5 the definitive ambient temperature shall be indicated on the FOM timing monitors aloneâ€.

They also said they lacked “a precise reading of the temperature of ‘fuel on board the car’ which shows fuel at more than 10 degrees centigrade below ambient temperatureâ€.

Their statement concluded: “In view of the matters referred to above, the stewards consider that…there must be sufficient doubt as to both the temperature of the fuel actually ‘on board the car’ and also as to the true ambient temperature as to render it inappropriate to impose a penaltyâ€.

Here is what the fuel irregularities thing is all about...

No way will an appeal win...

Article 6.5.5 of the Formula 1 technical regulations states: “No fuel on board the car may be more than 10 degrees centigrade below ambient temperature.â€

FIA technical delegate Jo Bauer reported that the fuel samples from all four cars showed temperatures 12-14C lower than the ambient at the time.

But the stewards said they could not be certain the temperatures were outside the 10C limit due to conflicting evidence.

They pointed to a discrepancy between the ambient temperature recorded on the Formula One Management timing monitors and that provided by the FIA and team-contracted meteorologists Meteo France – and said there was no “regulation stating in clear terms that for the purposes of Article 6.5.5 the definitive ambient temperature shall be indicated on the FOM timing monitors aloneâ€.

They also said they lacked “a precise reading of the temperature of ‘fuel on board the car’ which shows fuel at more than 10 degrees centigrade below ambient temperatureâ€.

Their statement concluded: “In view of the matters referred to above, the stewards consider that…there must be sufficient doubt as to both the temperature of the fuel actually ‘on board the car’ and also as to the true ambient temperature as to render it inappropriate to impose a penaltyâ€.

How convenient :nono:

I guess that rule will be clarified before next season then ....