UK Watch Forum banner

1980's Le Jour Chronograph

13K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Mark_B 
#1 ·
Just received this, bought off Ebay for a friend. Advertised as NOS and certainly seems like it - can find a mark anywhere and still has the sticker on the back. The only thing is the lume has faded/discoloured which I suppose is to be expected.

It has a Valjoux 7750 movement but were these made with different makes on the dial?

PC131218Small.jpg

See less See more
#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
nice watches
:)

Le Jour is the exact same watch as the 750.501 HEUER Pasadena, except that the Le Jour sold for for $295, while the Heuer was $354 when brand new in 1980!

#8 ·
Thanks for your comments. Interesting to know the original price. I paid $380 for it on 1st December (plus postage and bank transfer charges) but I see the same seller sold another on 8th December for $431.86. $50 appreciation in a week isn't bad.

Pity it has to go to its rightful owner - tomorrow and i believe he is trading it for a pair of binoculars !!

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Very nice indeed, I really like these style of watches
:yes:
And as Chris said a lot cheaper than the Porsche Design

#6 ·
Hello everyone, first time poster from the states. I have a meister-anker with the same 7750 movement. I see the LeJour doesn't have the 17 under the date and I wonder if this is because is has the 25 jewel movement. I love the design. I really enjoy this forum and will post pics of my growing collection in the near future.

#7 ·
Le Jour is 17 jewels

#12 ·
I have bid on them before, 10 chance to one I bid on that one. To give you an idea a good friend an hour away from me that retails vintage just sold one off his site for 1195CDN mind you his pictures sell the pieces and he paid about the same as you 400 range.

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
.....a good friend an hour away from me that retails vintage just sold one off his site for 1195CDN .........
Ah ha, thought so ;)

.........keep excellent time too, the best of all my mechanicals.

My lume is a little faded too, quite a nice even 'tan' colour for that vintage look, same as the above pic, but stil glows reasonably wel, but doesn't last too long.

#16 ·
QUOTE(Mark_B @ Dec 13 2006, 10:09 PM)

I think your friend will be very pleased with it - persuade him not to swap it for the Binos
:o
:nono:

regards,

Mark

I woud try to take it off his hands but you know what I think of metal bracelets ;) Plus, i've had a RlT13 and a quartz one-hander from aeromys, an AW Clubmaster from the bay and a RLT Tonneau (arriving soon) in the last week - I can't justify another.

He's getting about £400 in the trade as the guy with the binos knows of one that sold retail in a London jewellers for nearly £600.

He's giving me a Lanco pocket watch for my trouble (which was no trouble) and he gave me a scuba dialled amphibian last week for another purchase made for him. A good friend to have

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.