• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
DBuist

Watch movement

Hi first time on here. I just bought a manual wind up Mappin & Webb 9ct gold wristwatch marked as 1973 on the case and Mappin on the dial. No marking on the movement. Can anyone help me as to who made the movement? Thanks 

Pretty sure a photo is necessary of the watch and the movement. Was in the mappins  boutique 2 months ago in Scotland and caused quite a rumpus when I askedthem what movement was in their current models, no idea was the reply ,they don’t tell us. Went on the mAppins web site and chat ,same response ,no idea. 

However ,great name to have on the dial and because of that assume the movement would have some quality.

4 hours ago, DBuist said:

Sorry guys can't seem to upload any pics. Any ideas? 

Just use a web uploader such as ImgBB or Tinypic.