• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

15 hours ago, themysterybidder said:

1FQRf9f.jpg

I particularly like this one...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, that one. Cass you might want to charge up the lume with a torch (or better, taking the watch outside into daylight or a moment), then let the watch sit for five or ten minutes. You might notice that in subdued light, the lume of a watch doesn't so much GLOW in all caps,but the glowy parts of the watch are easier to see ... it's because the lume is assisting low ambient light to make those parts a bit more visible. If the lume has died down a bit, you might not see it with some lighting on the subject, but the camera will record that those components are just a bit more exposed, due to the lume augmenting available light with a wee bit of light of their own. This can be a more subtle effect than if the lume is "just out of the oven." 

20100727-2960_seiko7s26silverdiver_dark_

You can barely see it in this Orient. It was taken underneath a table, low light. The lume dots for the hour markers are glowing just a bit. 

20100830-3121_orientcev09_undertable.jpg

20111009-4488_orient-er1s_nightlume_1024

• Like 1

Some more practice pictures, just experimenting with the LED lights.  :thumbsup:

I just couldn't get the lights right for this watch, so I took some non watch items to practice with instead.  In a few days I will try with this one again.  :king:

lFrsTir.jpgjxnp5HW.jpg

pLhHufX.jpgdiHfjMg.jpg

o6pTcfs.jpgpmZu7Se.jpg

sUNjnwk.jpgKIwzYAy.jpg

OJ8EnOR.jpgGSvTgxJ.jpgKPBDMa4.jpg

yxKMqEL.jpg

The wonderful Taz :taz:

S37PCoX.jpg

GZjFg9I.jpg

• Haha 1

Some more practice pictures.  :king:

IIt was obvious I was going to use my two new pictures of Del as a practice background!  That's one way to get better pictures, keep practising with Del!  :yes:

Del looking at Bedtime Bear.  :laughing2dw:

8ZnZYQZ.jpg

DDel with a Care Bear on his shoulder.  :thumbsup:

qkwVS2y.jpg

toEEZRS.jpgzlsmCf3.jpgCa1pfer.jpgr41ZMR8.jpgV93RZMF.jpghLhpE9X.jpgnVzbViS.jpg

6 minutes ago, themysterybidder said:

Some more practice pictures.  :king:

IIt was obvious I was going to use my two new pictures of Del as a practice background!  That's one way to get better pictures, keep practising with Del!  :yes:

Del looking at Bedtime Bear.  :laughing2dw:

8ZnZYQZ.jpg

DDel with a Care Bear on his shoulder.  :thumbsup:

Aaaagh...my eyes...my eyes...those tiger print budgie smugglers....mummy, make the scary picture go away.....image_zps88125db3.GIF.f1a267ae6e9c1614b1ee83795dcfd6db.GIF

• Haha 1

On 13/06/2018 at 23:11, Chromejob said:

Or ... invest in Photoshop or Photoshop Express, which has a "spot healing" tool which is superb for removing tiny specks.

I've ordered Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 due to arrive tomorrow.  :clap:  Think I'll start another topic for Photoshop pictures when I receive it. :king: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Aaaagh...my eyes...my eyes...those tiger print budgie smugglers....mummy, make the scary picture go away.....

Tiger? Looks more like cheetah to me; maybe leopard. Not that I'm really looking hard. :rolleyes:  Cass can decide.  

1 hour ago, themysterybidder said:

I've ordered Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 due to arrive tomorrow.  :clap:  Think I'll start another topic for Photoshop pictures when I receive it. :king: 

Bravo, dear. I have no idea of the user interface and tools they include now, but if it's similar to classic Photoshop, I could post some tips. It's meant for consumers (red eye removal, help correct one person blurring in one pic), but usually has some of the neat tools for photo adjustment (spot healing, blurring, unsharp mask, exposure control). Used to be called "75% of Photoshop for $75."

I used to post some pics in old threads (you might find them) where I illustrated how to do something. Look in Photography for "Photoshop." Your best, first steps will be doing any tutorials they include on the disc (:yes: I know, homework) to familiarize self with what tool for what job (classic Photoshop usually has three ways to any single action on a photo). Your local lending library might have some "quick start" or "made easy" books recent versions of PE 7, 8 (even books for older versions will help). 

Another member used to be a skilled Photoshop user ... James in Canada? umm :sadwalk: can't remember ... I know @rolexgirl was learning it in art school for a time. Wonder if she remembers any tricks I taught her. :whistle:  

A little fun history. Photoshop was started by a guy at Industrial Light & Magic (George Lucas' firm for visual FX) with his brother, he needed something for editing bitmap graphics with. It grew to become Photoshop in the 80s, 90s. That guy at ILM is one of the story authors of Rogue One A Star Wars Story.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chromejob said:

I know @rolexgirl was learning it in art school for a time. Wonder if she remembers any tricks I taught her. :whistle:  

If 'that' picture was anything to go by, I think you succeeded. What was your curriculum?....'Watches and the Ladygarden'....? :naughty::laughing2dw::laugh:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Roger the Dodger said:

If 'that' picture was anything to go by, I think you succeeded. What was your curriculum?....'Watches and the Ladygarden'....? :naughty::laughing2dw::laugh:

Um. I believe the Yachtmaster voyages was a year or two earlier. :blush: I would have certainly recommended the blur tool, maybe exposure adjustment using the Curves palette. :wicked: 

• Haha 1

You might wonder how i took this pic...

JLU84ec.jpg

Rather simple. I turned off all the lights in the room so there'd be no reflections on the crystal. Use a 90 degree "personal flood" LED torch to illuminate the watch and stand on its lowest powered setting. Then, to get some contrast light on the watch head, held a double AA tactical torch with semi-opaque "diffuser" on it to cast a soft glow, again at a lower power. Then set the iPad Mini timer, and took a few pics with the tactical in different positions (sometimes highlighting the bezel, sometimes highlighting the case and lugs). 

Syv8xt3h.jpg

(For this illustration, overhead lights were on, and the tactical torch is lower than it was when I took the pic.)

Edited by Chromejob
  • Thanks 1

^^ I have a decanter like that beside my bed!

Some more practice pictures.  Still getting used to Adobe, been learning some fun edits.  I must focus more on things like the tools to remove bits of dust.  :rolleyes:  No matter how much a wipe with a microfibre cloth they keep coming back!  :king:

teBhTl0.jpg5LKQUqZ.jpg

jKTm2sV.jpg

uGVxpZy.jpgfdzXOn0.jpg

Buckle is a bit scratched, but does its job so that's the main thing.  :thumbsup:

MNSe8SH.jpg

Edited by themysterybidder
  • Like 1