• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
ChronoVlad

Please, help me to choose the watches for my second series

Hi everyone!

It's Vlad from the ARMA watches team. Some time ago I asked for your opinion about my first series, and it was successfully launched on Kickstarter afterwards. Looks like the idea of combining vintage inspired military watch with a contemporary design aesthetics found its admirers and now I'm working on the new design for the second series which will emphasize more on this bond of vintage/modern collaboration. Please, help me choose the best models from the list by voting for one or multiple options. The previous time we ended up producing watches picked and approved by the watch community, so it would be cool to hear your thoughts on the new designs :)

NVWNa7o.jpg

812xvm4.jpg

AJewf6O.jpg

KufiCU9.jpg

4IdEV52.jpg

7UzVzL5.jpg

KXXRW7p.jpg

Did you prevously post under a different username? What was it? 

We now have a Kickstarter section for these kinds of inquiries, a moderator may be along shortly to move your topic there. :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

Hi, friend! My fellow and a colleague on this project posted it before here on my behalf, that's right! 

See that the topic is in a proper thread right now :)  Waiting for a response, guys! 

I would remove the words military style from the dial, makes it look like a cheap copy of something. 

Would they stand up to us military specifications, ?think you need to be careful .

You’ve got different levels of complication — chrono, three-hander — just decide what kind of movement you’ll have, THEN do your fine design work. 

Ditto, the “Military Style” is silly, like putting “Dress” on a classic style dress watch. Unless you’re marketing to pre-teens. :whistle:

A personal peeve, but the watches that have 13-23 on the hour markers do not seem to be suited for real mliltary types, as we all know the 24 hour clock by heart, it’s taught in Basic Training. Those watches for me always seem aimed at those who DON’t know their 24 hour clock but want to seem “cool” and need a watch that can make the conversion for them. Aka “wanna-bes.” A compromise is making 13-24 markings smaller, more discreet. 

A very legible sweep second hand is critical for me, used to be helpful in  timing maneuvers and checking my pulse on a run,  now in grinding my coffee.

Your chapter rings on 1, 4, 7 seem overly busy. How many minute, second, sub-second markings do you need? Less is more. Read St. Exupery on aircraft design for inspiration. :naughty: 

So for me: 1, 3, 4, 7 are okay, if you remove the silly “Military Style” marking and put the chapter rings on a diet. 

Best of luck to you. You didn’t answer my previous question (what username) so if you’re not even tracking your registrations on watch forums, then I presume you won’t be a long term member here. 

• Like 1

Take numbers 1 & 3, and lose the 4:30 sub dial altogether (it is superfluous). Then move the 9 o'clock sub dial to 6 o'clock & change the numerals to 14 16 18 20 22 24. Also the date could be bigger. Once that's all done, send me one of each to review. :yes:

Oh yeah, lose the MILITARY STYLE bit as fast as you can!!!

Edited by Roddyjb
  • Like 1

4 is quite ok in my books.

Side note: For something supposed to be more rugged wouldn't crownguards be a good idea? Surely it wouldn't change the price much.

I'd swap the hands from 2 onto 1, otherwise, the sub-dials won't be visible much, thus rendering them useless. 

Otherwise, it's 1, with changed hands, 4 & 7 for me.

They all look great but no. 1 is my favourite. Really think you need to take Military Style off though, it kinda cheapens the whole thing. Well done!