• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
DerekH

Anything more beautiful than the Breguet Marine Chronograph 5827BR/Z2/5ZU (for this price range - or less?)

Such a beautiful watch. It's all subjective I know but, what quality watch do you consider to be more beautiful?

Breguet Marine Chronographs are fairly attractive watches... but what price range are you talking...and new or pre-owned?  I am sure there must be others...

There's a just serviced non-chrono Marine (5817) for sale on the "dark side".

Tis indeed beautiful . . . . . . 

helpdesk_image.4266788.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, yokel said:

There's a just serviced non-chrono Marine (5817) for sale on the "dark side".

Tis indeed beautiful . . . . . . 

helpdesk_image.4266788.jpg

Indeed nice looking.......but there are many equally attractive watches....even if different.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RWP said:

Indeed nice looking.......but there are many equally attractive watches....even if different.

In truth (having long been a fan of both Breguet and Blancpain, but not having any) I was really quite tempted.

However, it seems (if I read the thread correctly) that the current owner bought to watch in a "not working" state, sent it back to Breguet for service (so it is working, and presumably subject to a warranty), and put it up for sale immediately on its return, describing it as his "my favourite watch". That sort of "provenance" puts me (and obviously everyone else) off  --  so I left it.

Such is life :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I don't like the position, size, colour and font used in the date window. Take that away and it's a hit for me!

Back to the final!

One thing you will learn soon enough.people's opinions and taste for watches is very different. The one you like someone else hates. I used to think why are there so many awful looking watches for sale now I know .

• Like 1

Bovet 19Thirty Dimier ........ In white gold hmmmmmmmm would still have change for a Rolex as an everyday beater 

BovetRev.jpg

1 hour ago, Slim2500 said:

Bovet 19Thirty Dimier ........ In white gold hmmmmmmmm would still have change for a Rolex as an everyday beater 

BovetRev.jpg

that's pretty special looking! 

16 hours ago, A2orry said:

One thing you will learn soon enough.people's opinions and taste for watches is very different. The one you like someone else hates. I used to think why are there so many awful looking watches for sale now I know .

haha, true enough! :) 

also fashions come and go...try to spot the return of what was once thought of as cool then awful before returning to cool again! (not just watches)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Slim2500 said:

BovetRev.jpg

"Still have change for a Rolex".

That's a bit "from the sublime to the prosaic"  --  I'd rather buy this and then see if I could get the Marine a little cheaper  :yes:

As someone else said it would depend on what we are talking about here, RRP or pre-owned for a Breguet?  Breguet seem to drop in price quite heavily pre owned that one on TZUK is going for around 5k with a full service the retail price is over 10k.  Chrono24uk would suggest that a marine chronograph can be had for only a few grand more than this one.

I do love the Breguet and the detail to the dial, interesting unlike Lange they have a 01 on their dial instead of it being blank. 

So back to the question I do think Breguet especially pre-owned are quite hard to beat on quality Blancpain are probably another one that could be added to that list.  Montblanc have an in house watch that I have seen go pre owned with quite a steep discount.  Christiaan van der klaauw do some interesting things I love their dial work. 

• Like 1

On 19/05/2018 at 10:21, DerekH said:

Such a beautiful watch. It's all subjective I know but, what quality watch do you consider to be more beautiful?

You could look for one of these.

rlt32.jpg

rlt30.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1