• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Thimo

Any Love For Certina?

Don't know much about Certina, but I got this on ebay because I loved its minimalist 60s vibe. Don't know if it is 60s, maybe early 70s? I haven't seen many Certinas in the vintage forum. This runs like a charm and keeps great time. Thinking of putting it on a no stitch black crocograin strap, what do you think? Cheers for looking.

2b833f7c-0f96-415e-a586-6325b9059dcb_zps

6b73aab3-2789-49a7-b516-97ed01d57220_zps

18cbffaa-3584-40c2-8e3c-301f5d9e5416_zps

Edited by Thimo

I can't see the pictures as Photobucket is an awful photo hosting site (Flickr is my choice - easier, quicker and actually allows you to share the photo)

But vintage Certina are good buys, certainly in the UK where they are under appreciated.   They are far more expensive in Europe.  They often have nice in house movements, well finished.

Thanks, Scottswatches! Sorry about the pics...yes, photobucket has become just awful/unbearable, slow add polluted and unresponsive; time for a move I think.

1 hour ago, Thimo said:

Thanks, Scottswatches! Sorry about the pics...yes, photobucket has become just awful/unbearable, slow add polluted and unresponsive; time for a move I think.

I dreaded the move, thinking it would be terrible.  But it was quick and easy, and flickr has never in my experience been down.  

• Like 1

Right, many thanks for the advice; created a flickr account, just seeing if I can post a pic, so sorry if this pic is not vintage...

IMG_20180501_121814

• Like 1

2AC280DC-D782-464A-82D9-8F95AFFA7096_zps

i have a Certina Blue Ribbon from mid seventies have to say it is one of the best time keepers i have in my vintage collection 

• Like 2