UK Watch Forum banner

Crystal refurb

552 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  stdape 
#1 ·
Having broken the replacement crystal whilst pressing it in , not wanting to order another I thought i'd have a go at improving the original.
Unfortunately I didn't do a before , just a during and after shot .
The original was in quite a mess with some deep scratches that wouldn't polywatch out ,but it was free from any cracks.
So with nothing to loose I set about it with p400 wet and dry (p600 would of been better probably but thats all I had)

Gently rubbing in one direction then turn 90 degrees again rubbing in one direction.

First pic is after the rubbing down to remove the deep scratches then pic 2 is after polishing with polywatch and cotton wool

I've read about this method but never tried it , but will certainly use it again

Crystal polishCrystal polish

See less See more
#4 ·
Excellent stuff, and an impressive result, well done Sir :thumbsup:

I've had some success with Polywatch on light scratches in the past, but never needed to use the more drastic wet and dry method.

Your next stage should be to replace that horrible bracelet with a nice new strap mate.... :whistle:
Thanks guys , yes you are right there Davey the strap is already in the bin :thumbsup:

#3 ·
Excellent stuff, and an impressive result, well done Sir :thumbsup:

I've had some success with Polywatch on light scratches in the past, but never needed to use the more drastic wet and dry method.

Your next stage should be to replace that horrible bracelet with a nice new strap mate.... :whistle:

#5 ·
That's good work. I am always a bit nervous about any abrasive method that temporarily leaves the surface wholly matt and opaque in fear that it will never be clear again, but you have allayed that concern. Indeed, I have a Seiko watch that is in need of exactly the treatment you have used, and I shall now give it a go. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.