• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Thimo

A Little Raketa

Been wearing small watches for the last while, one of my favourites. Very simple but I think it has a certain retro style. Anyone have any love for dressier Russian vintages?

018_zpshq3tk7q3.jpg

030_zpscuk7fddq.jpg

Edited by Thimo
  • Like 1

best VFM on the market in my opinion

Just buy the best you can find.  Cases are nearly always plated, gold or chrome, and they show the knocks.

And a good website to research is this one

https://mroatman.wixsite.com/watches-of-the-ussr

I asked the sites owner for some advice once, and he was really helpful and very knowledgeable.  He has since gone on to buy a couple of watches from me, but I liked him before that too!  It also means I probably undervalued those watches, as he knows more than I do (he owns 1,800+ Russian watches!)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thimo said:

Anyone have any love for dressier Russian vintages?

I have a few.

My favorite.

large.IMG_20170722_105652.jpg.bed1b58ce4e34f069e93a1f9cc471a33.jpg

• Like 1

My Rocket is even smaller ): Had to do something with p/500 to fix images, don't know what I did but it seems to be fixed.

5 hours ago, scottswatches said:

And a good website to research is this one

https://mroatman.wixsite.com/watches-of-the-ussr

Thanks for the link to that site. I had a good look around and he certainly seems to know his stuff. Loved the article on the Molnija pocket watches as I own one or two of them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DJH584 said:

Thanks for the link to that site. I had a good look around and he certainly seems to know his stuff. Loved the article on the Molnija pocket watches as I own one or two of them.

I read that site for far too long, that guy is a watch guru. Thanks too scottswatches! Some great vintage watches on BYW as well...think I need a lie down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1