Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Andy300

Camera phone pics

Recommended Posts

Apologies if there is already a post for this, but just a couple of my fave phone pics (usually whilst out mountain biking)

20150818_1250442_zpscyefiula.jpg

ray1_zpsoapgihcn.jpg

20150216_140238_zpssd9pol9x.jpg

I'm obviously not a photographer, but I do like taking pics when in the great outdoors :thumbs_up:

Modern mbl phones have come on so much, and for "shots as memories" rather than photographical masterpieces, I think they are amazing really!   

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, some of the camera phones take superb clear sharp photos as good as many `good`cameras.

Unless its an hobby you just dont need to buy a camera, you already have a good one on your phone!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, sabailand said:

I agree, some of the camera phones take superb clear sharp photos as good as many `good`cameras.

Unless its an hobby you just dont need to buy a camera, you already have a good one on your phone!

 

Absolutely :thumbsup:, don't get me wrong, its obvious that a phone cant compete with SLR's or higher end compact cameras for that matter, but the pics above were taken on a Samsung phone at the end of the day, with an 18mp camera on it! .. the last point and shoot camera I had was a Nikon with 12mp I think it was, and the phone seems to do just as well, if not better in some respects :whistle:

Anyone else got phones pics to stick on here ? :thumbs_up:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful shots! Wish my phone took such photos. Hoping to upgrade soon... But even that one is gonna be a mid-range. :(

Is the first one in the UK ? The colors of the water are giving it a very mediterranean vibe.

You didn't mention your phone model. :P

Edited by gimli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The CCD sensors on prmier phone camera models are exceptionally good. Apple is fond of touting their Sony(?) camera sensors. But it’s also a matter of software, and some cams have great camera software, others are meh. I’ve had trouble when the software just crashes, and I can’t take a pic until rebooting the (LG Nexus) phone. :( Not exactly convenient.

For quick spontaneous pics, a phone is great, but for dedicated pics with lots of control, nothing beats a camera, even a pro-am point ‘n shoot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gimli said:

Beautiful shots! Wish my phone took such photos. Hoping to upgrade soon... But even that one is gonna be a mid-range. :(

Is the first one in the UK ? The colors of the water are giving it a very mediterranean vibe.

You didn't mention your phone model. :P

Cheers bud :) .. the phone is a real old'un tbh mate, its a Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo .. and its a 16mp camera not an 18 :rolleyes: I had the option to upgrade a couple months back, but decided to keep it as with the new Samsung's I don't think you can change the battery and stuff like that (?) though I've always had Samsung phones, and the camera's are very good I've found, though the music side of the phone isn't quite as good as others out there

Yeah the photos are all rides/walks I've been on in Wales, the first one being a beautiful sunny day on the Mawddach Estuary, Barmouth and I was in a kayak I think at the time :thumbsup: I think it is slightly filtered also by an app I had though tbh, which makes the colours pop a little :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, brummie1875 said:

Taken earlier this year on my Huawei P9 lite, through the windscreen of a moving van.

38100291865_5bf0e8dc89_o.jpgIMG_20171211_135421 by Paul, on Flickr

25115376568_dbe2233bfc_o.jpgIMG_20171211_140203 by Paul, on Flickr

25115376848_3fb0f76031_o.jpgIMG_20171211_140126 by Paul, on Flickr

:)

Love that middle one where the sun is low in the sky :thumbs_up:

3 hours ago, Chromejob said:

The CCD sensors on prmier phone camera models are exceptionally good. Apple is fond of touting their Sony(?) camera sensors. But it’s also a matter of software, and some cams have great camera software, others are meh. I’ve had trouble when the software just crashes, and I can’t take a pic until rebooting the (LG Nexus) phone. :( Not exactly convenient.

For quick spontaneous pics, a phone is great, but for dedicated pics with lots of control, nothing beats a camera, even a pro-am point ‘n shoot.

Completely agree .. I borrowed a Nikon DSLR a few years back from work to take some pics of our Staffy, and they turned out stunning :thumbsup: .. the shutter speed was really fast compared to a phone cam, so the action shots were crystal clear :thumbsup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some fantastic photos above :thumbsup:

My phone camera (Lumia 640) is not that great, but I do like this photo which was a spur of the moment snap when I happened to look up see all sorts of meteorological activity going on.  It's cropped from a much bigger image, hence it's rather grainy.  I photoshopped it to bring out the colours but it's only enhancing what was already there, no artificial additives as such.

The sun is setting to the West, illuminating the clouds on the left.  I presume this a frontal system with high winds streaming from the West, pushing and blowing away the clouds to the North East.  If you look closely, you can see the aircraft is punching a large hole in the cloud it's passing through.

Then there's that weird vortex structure extending from the bottom of the picture.  I've no idea what that is!

640-sky-small.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't say I hate them, how can you hate a chunk of overpriced Chinese electronics but IPhones are the work of the devil and completely counter intuitive compared to an android phone. 

:laugh: :laugh:

That being said Big M's does take some good point and shoot snaps

T554Qc.jpg

yEDUNj.jpg

Or at least I think they were taken with her IPhone if not it was my old LG

:biggrin:

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Andy300 said:

with the new Samsung's I don't think you can change the battery and stuff like that

The trend does seem to be for sealed batteries as the phones are becoming water resistant. You can have the battery replaced but have to send them away so not as convenient but then they want you to upgrade every couple of years :tumbleweed:

If you know you are going to be taking photos then a good SLR is hard to beat but camera phones can give very good results and you are likely to have the phone with you anway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, richy176 said:

 

If you know you are going to be taking photos then a good SLR is hard to beat 

Possibly but it's not a good look

american-toursit.jpg

:laugh: :laugh:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive just gone to plusnet for sim only at 8 quid a month. Almost bought a Nokia 8 SIM free after recent price drops. IPhone x is a grand or so. You could buy a digital DSLR, a tablet, a cheap phone and still have change for a watch and fish supper (not a euphemism). Photos are all good by the way.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, richy176 said:

The trend does seem to be for sealed batteries as the phones are becoming water resistant. You can have the battery replaced but have to send them away so not as convenient but then they want you to upgrade every couple of years :tumbleweed:

If you know you are going to be taking photos then a good SLR is hard to beat but camera phones can give very good results and you are likely to have the phone with you anway.

That was the main reason for choosing the S5 at the time if I recall, it was one of the first "higher end" Samsung's that was water/dust resistant at the time, and I seem to find myself out in all conditions wanting to take photo's :huh: so it was an obvious choice :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 pics today on camera phone at Castle Howard   Bird has been “warmed” on the basic system of the camera,daffs is original.

large.214279A5-C4F3-4AE1-9BAA-992BCF2AFA20.jpeg.bc3dd27ea404a90db0002f32a851ac82.jpeglarge.D06397D0-47EA-409E-A9F7-9ECCAC34D33A.jpeg.9f8e9ffacc31d3d73bb9e59078593f8c.jpeg

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never really used the phone cam before this last break but generally impressed, seems pretty good usually. Non of these have been altered at all, taken with Motorola Moto E2

IMG_20180402_095653627_HDR

Leaving St Kitts and sunrise off Martinique

IMG_20180403_051905674_HDR

Obligatory wristy

IMG_20180414_080525986_HDR

Kev

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

About Us

The Watch Forum started in 2001 as a forum for RLT Watches customers. Since then it has grown into a world wide community of watch enthusiasts and a large resource for all types of horology.

Contact Us

Email : admin@thewatchforum.co.uk

Phone: 07762 569 999
×