• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Fizzy500

Fitting a movement

Hi Folks,

I have fitted a VX43 movement in a Lorus watch. The original fault was a problem with the stem falling out but due to the price of the movement it seemed easier to fit a new one. So I did. It seems to run ok until it starts the date change cycle then it stops. I have checked what seemed the obvious, ie clearance between dial and movement and all seems ok. The movement has spacing feet anyway. Also he same day i fitted another movement it a quartz rotary, that was a 715 type, and that does the same although that stops at any time it feels like it. My spidersenses tend to point to the hands not fitting correctly but have tried refitting on both. I dont want to send either to the crap box as they are both cosmetically good. I am wondering what I have missed???

Taa in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With hands and dial detached, just looking at the module. With the crown in handset, does the date change freely? Is the instant date change moving the disc freely for all dates? Is the date jumper located in the date disc teeth, correctly? If all good. Fit the seconds hand, no dial, and run for 24hours. With seconds hand on, it's easy to see if it stops. If all good. Pop the dial on, and seconds hand and run again. Awaiting results. Good luck.

I'm going to suggest an obvious one, but unlikely?

You didn't perchance fit the "wrong" hands to each watch? i.e. hands from watch "A" to watch "B" and vice versa! These things can happen to me if I don't have my morning coffee with Brandy! :alcoholic:

:whistle:

Of course Simon's procedure will help sort this out = do it in stages, keep notes! He's yer man, I wish he'd been in the forum when I was starting fiddling, he may have saved a few of my watches from the oblivion of learning the hard way! :bash: