• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
scottswatches

Best non watch purchases of the past 12 months

I'm thinking of the little things that make life better, such as the really useful box for keeping wrapping paper in (bought from Rymans, 2 for £20).

But my best purchase is the Panasonic breadmaker, model number SD ZB2512.  Since we got it in November we have bought two loaves of bread and made everything else.  2 hours for a white loaf, or set the timer and have 5 seeded wholemeal loaf waiting for you when you get up.   The tear and share pepperoni bread was so good we have made it regularly

Tear and share

I'm hoping the Eve mattress that arrives soon will also be a good purchase.

So what have you bought that has made a small but nice addition to your life?

• Like 1

Orthopaedic beds with memory foam tops....bliss! :biggrin:

P.S.

Nearly forgot, first aid kit, essential for repairing damage caused by IKEA furniture. :yes:

• Like 2

Same here. Panasonic breadmaker. At least you know that only flour, salt, sugar, butter, yeast and water are going into the loaves. Sometimes I use the machine just for mixing the dough and the oven to finish it off. 

At first, my wife took the piss out of me and started calling me the Masterbaker (:whistle:) but she’s the first to remind me to put a loaf on ready for the morning. I wound her up by buying myself a bakers hat for when I turn out my loaves. Childish, I know. :laugh:

7_C9_D8166-_B2_EB-4516-9_EB8-979_C8_E12_

• Like 2

Sony Walkman with a micro SD card storage.  I love music and hated having to keep erase and replace different tracks, so got a 256GB micro SD card in it.  Absolute luxury!  :king:

• Like 2

Sugar and butter in bread? New one to me.

Best purchase for me was a .22 HW99s. Lightweight, accurate, and looking forward to getting some squirrels and pigeons in the freezer.

This.

Quick-E-plus--28mph_grande_0fe556c1-b450

Just now, WRENCH said:

This.

and it will soon be my primary mode of transport.

7 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

This.

and it will soon be my primary mode of transport.

better buy some pedals for it then :tongue:

These are a great idea for those able to commute 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, scottswatches said:

better buy some pedals for it then :tongue:

These are a great idea for those able to commute 

I use a bicycle most of the time already, but the extra boost will make all the different with panniers loaded with the weekly shopping when the car gets the heave ho. :thumbsup:

Records! Particularly 2 Massive Attack albums, the original Blue Lines LP that was released as just 'Massive' in the original cardboard outer, and Heligoland, on vinyl too.

• Like 1

The usual John Smedley polos for me. Preferably Merino wool. 

Just ordered my second of the year.Made in Derbyshire 

This addition to my Makita cordless tools...their grass/hedge trimmer. For grass trimming...and I mean where a strimmer might ordinarily be used, not for mowing a lawn, it's fitted with an adjustable skid that can be set to high/medium/low.

large.20170702_085911.jpg.5f41a902d3a73bc1d8ad1c31fcb698bc.jpg

In grass trimmer mode set to high...

large.20170702_085959.jpg.c947ac0e42843989449eb87bf3b94292.jpg

...and low..

large.20170702_090016.jpg.56211e322505adac695520e4fbed05d5.jpg

...but this is what it's best at...topiary...and a battery will last half a days worth of constant use.

large.20170702_090054.jpg.76a3f04b0944e13576b05ad3176a7ac6.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hughlle said:

Best purchase for me was a .22 HW99s. Lightweight, accurate, and looking forward to getting some squirrels and pigeons in the freezer.

I have the HW100T, fantastic bit of kit. :thumbsup:

Got permission to shoot on and around the farm, so me and the pup are usually up and about on my days off, pigeon mostly but occasionally get some greys.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

This addition to my Makita cordless tools...their grass/hedge trimmer. For grass trimming...and I mean where a strimmer might ordinarily be used, not for mowing a lawn, it's fitted with an adjustable skid that can be set to high/medium/low.

large.20170702_085911.jpg.5f41a902d3a73bc1d8ad1c31fcb698bc.jpg

In grass trimmer mode set to high...

large.20170702_085959.jpg.c947ac0e42843989449eb87bf3b94292.jpg

...and low..

large.20170702_090016.jpg.56211e322505adac695520e4fbed05d5.jpg

...but this is what it's best at...topiary...and a battery will last half a days worth of constant use.

large.20170702_090054.jpg.76a3f04b0944e13576b05ad3176a7ac6.jpg

Looks as if you have already sorted out your `hobby' for retirement :whistle::whistle:

6 hours ago, richy176 said:

Looks as if you have already sorted out your `hobby' for retirement :whistle::whistle:

Haha....I use it at work...I'm a landscaper...large.20170702_085611.jpg.ae688fe644e4607fd06dd757a8e87af5.jpglarge.20170702_085439.jpg.b5d37ca0eb6b914c02d6a14a428114cf.jpglarge.20170702_085155.jpg.b8835dd65f61f27a2d818c9cf8dc3ee1.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Haha....I use it at work...I'm a landscaper.

Exactly - can you ever fully retire as I would imagine it would also be a hobby.

11 hours ago, Teg62x said:

I have the HW100T, fantastic bit of kit. :thumbsup:

Got permission to shoot on and around the farm, so me and the pup are usually up and about on my days off, pigeon mostly but occasionally get some greys.

Hopefully I'll get myself a permission before long. Was offered one down on Exmoor, but that's a 3 hour round trip alas. I've an AA S510 US and an Ultra SE, but I just love the basic nature of a springer. No power curves and refill equipment to worry about. 

• Like 1

Cryptocurrency for me (Bitcoin, Eth, Litecion, NEO & PoSW). I own the virtual coins so I guess you could call it a purchase!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hughlle said:

Hopefully I'll get myself a permission before long. Was offered one down on Exmoor, but that's a 3 hour round trip alas. I've an AA S510 US and an Ultra SE, but I just love the basic nature of a springer. No power curves and refill equipment to worry about. 

I bought a small “buddy bottle” which I fill at the dive centre about 50mins from me. Not perfect but easier than carrying a pump about. It will last me a good couple of weeks using it regularly so not too bad. 

I had springers as a kid, old BSA thing that wouldn’t have given anything a bruise let along kill shot!!

May buy another for just plinking about the fields.

Edited by Teg62x
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Teg62x said:

I bought a small “buddy bottle” which I fill at the dive centre about 50mins from me. Not perfect but easier than carrying a pump about. It will last me a good couple of weeks using it regularly so not too bad. 

I had springers as a kid, old BSA thing that wouldn’t have given anything a bruise let along kill shot!!

May buy another for just plinking about the fields.

I had a 3L tank, but given I don't drive, it didn't serve much use. Ideally I'd like a 12L or even better, an FX Impact with a carbon bottle. Something like 1000 shots per fill in sub 12! 

I've an old BSA superstar. Recoils like a pig, but a great lump of a gun. I just enjoy the grab and go simplicity of it all. Thinking about swapping my 99s for one in .177 though.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Teg62x said:

So you don't know about diesel then ?

On 14/02/2018 at 10:46, hughlle said:

Yep. Here’s all you use when you make your own bread in a breadmaker. It’s important to put the dried yeast in first, then flour, then water especially if you are doing it on a timer - you don’t want the yeast to get wet before the ingredients are mixed. 

FA1_BF6_DB-902_C-45_B0-9168-_B680_B8_A42

18 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Now that's what I need. Very Cool handy tool!!!!. Time to do some shopping!!!!:thumbsup:

17 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

So you don't know about diesel then ?

No! Tell me more?

On 14/02/2018 at 10:13, themysterybidder said:

Sony Walkman with a micro SD card storage.  I love music and hated having to keep erase and replace different tracks, so got a 256GB micro SD card in it.  Absolute luxury!  :king:

I forgot, I bought myself a cheapo Chinese bluetooth MP3 player with 32gb on board and a SD card slot, also bought a set of Sony BT head phones.  Use 'em all the time on the trike, I got fed up with getting the headphone cord snaggled up in my jacket/zip.

Also utter luxury.

• Like 1