• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
themysterybidder

Accurist Grand Complication

I have a Accurist Grand Complication GMT322 watch and I have noticed that the main second hand is slightly off the 60 second mark.  I have tried to reset it with instructions from the internet but they only seem to work with normal chronograph watches.  Can anyone help?  Thanks.  :king:

Cant help you but i know what you`re going through, to most people its much ado about nothing and only you will notice it, but the fact remains when you know its there it bugs you.

Ive got a similar irk, with my watch its the fact that when the minute hand is on the hour, the hour hand isnt quite flush on some of the hour markers,for example 5.00 might be ok, but 11.00 and the hour hand might be ever so slightly playing catch up, like i say its only a tad off but its there and i cant help looking at it!

• Like 1

Slightly off sometimes happens even with good watches :(   Have you got the specific resetting instructions for that watch.....they vary a lot from just pulling out the crown and pressing the pushers to pressing both pushers until the second hand does a 360 then alternating pushers for various hands.  On yet others one pusher moves the adjustment from dial to dial, and the other pusher zeros.   Try some combinations BUT if it is a tiny bit try and ignore it. :thumbsup:

53 minutes ago, themysterybidder said:

I have a Accurist Grand Complication GMT322 watch and I have noticed that the main second hand is slightly off the 60 second mark.  I have tried to reset it with instructions from the internet but they only seem to work with normal chronograph watches.  Can anyone help?  Thanks.  :king:

Edited by RWP
  • Like 1

Usually, by pulling out the crown, then pressing one of the pushers, the second hand can be advanced one second at a time. Is this what you've already tried?

Edit: Sorry, Rog beat me to it...

• Like 1

Thanks for all your replies.  I looked at the instructions and after a few choice words with it I managed to reset it and it is now bang on the 60 second mark.  Calm has been restored! Thanks again!  :thumbsup::king:

1 hour ago, RWP said:

BUT if it is a tiny bit try and ignore it. :thumbsup:

Not possible, I'm OCD when it comes to watches.  :tongue::king:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, themysterybidder said:

Thanks for all your replies.  I looked at the instructions and after a few choice words with it I managed to reset it and it is now bang on the 60 second mark.  Calm has been restored! Thanks again!  :thumbsup::king:

Not possible, I'm OCD when it comes to watches.  :tongue::king:

Nope....I couldn’t put up with it :whistle:   It’s what WIS is about :)

• Like 1

I have a rolex daytona that tells the time not only badly but way worse than a seiko 5 good in't it? way off cosc but its second hand so legally above board and apparently common with a daytona...part of the charm.  

• Like 2