Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Shazshazc

Jaguar Motors Watch Query

Recommended Posts

Hello everybody just wondering if anyone can help. I have a Watch which was purchased from Jaguar Motors in early 2000’s. It called retro collection chronology watch, has a leather strap and comes with its certificate in a walnut veneer box.Apparently it’s Swiss made and presumably a Jaguar car promotional Watch. I want to sell it but can’t find any on Ebay or google etc.I know it was about £700 when purchased but not sure whether that value has Gone now..Any advice please?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds intriguing - perhaps a picture and some more details would give us something to go on, in terms of telling you more about the watch. In pure value terms, that question is really impossible for us to answer for obvious reasons.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Shazshazc said:

Hello everybody just wondering if anyone can help. I have a Watch which was purchased from Jaguar Motors in early 2000’s. It called retro collection chronology watch, has a leather strap and comes with its certificate in a walnut veneer box.Apparently it’s Swiss made and presumably a Jaguar car promotional Watch. I want to sell it but can’t find any on Ebay or google etc.I know it was about £700 when purchased but not sure whether that value has Gone now..Any advice please?

Morning @Shazshazc.

Are you 100% sure it was bought from Jaguar motors?  They did do some very very cheap nasty promo watches (mainly in the 1980's) but I would wager that it's just a Jaguar watch, nothing to do with the car manufacturer.

The Jaguar Watch Company was a Swiss watch brand established in 1938 - the best part of a decade before "The Swallow Sidecar Company" adopted the Jaguar name for their cars.  It's very commonly thought to be the same brand, it ain't.

Jaguar watches are Swiss made and retail in the mid to high hundreds. Second hand values are pretty low, usually a couple of hundred quid tops for one that retailed at £700 (sorry).
The brand was bought by Festina in the late 1980's and are now almost exclusively marketed in Spain - there isn't a single UK dealer for them.

They are good looking watches and very well made, but the UK market for them is pretty slack, demand isn't very high.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kevkojak said:

Morning @Shazshazc.

Are you 100% sure it was bought from Jaguar motors?  They did do some very very cheap nasty promo watches (mainly in the 1980's) but I would wager that it's just a Jaguar watch, nothing to do with the car manufacturer.

The Jaguar Watch Company was a Swiss watch brand established in 1938 - the best part of a decade before "The Swallow Sidecar Company" adopted the Jaguar name for their cars.  It's very commonly thought to be the same brand, it ain't.

Jaguar watches are Swiss made and retail in the mid to high hundreds. Second hand values are pretty low, usually a couple of hundred quid tops for one that retailed at £700 (sorry).
The brand was bought by Festina in the late 1980's and are now almost exclusively marketed in Spain - there isn't a single UK dealer for them.

They are good looking watches and very well made, but the UK market for them is pretty slack, demand isn't very high.

looking at the link posted by @it'salivejim they have nothing to do with Jag cars...can't see them using that head it would have to be the leaper or growler. So your spot on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, thank you for your help. I haven’t been able to upload pictures, it seemed complicated but here is a couple of links which is very similar to my watch. There is slight design and slight colour difference only.I have a certificate from Jaguar Motor Co certifying it was from them with serial no so yes probably promotional but definitely bought from a Jaguar dealer along with a car.Just can’t seem to find any, probably all broken then :(

https://goo.gl/images/mKabWk

https://goo.gl/images/XRwmx8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to add, mine has a walnut veneer box with an engraved Jaguar leader.The Watch is quite heavy and has a whiter face than the one in the link. It is a lovely watch so even if it’s worthless someone would like it Im sure :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shazshazc said:

Just to add, mine has a walnut veneer box with an engraved Jaguar leader.The Watch is quite heavy and has a whiter face than the one in the link. It is a lovely watch so even if it’s worthless someone would like it Im sure :)

Hi

It looks like it's associated with Jaguar cars to me as it has the leaping cat of the same design, Also, It looks like a nice mechanical chronograph from the dial side, The movement doesn't look so for some reason! :huh: (Can't see anything that the pushers activates!

I'm not up on Chrono movements, Does it say what make/model the movement is?


Have to say, It's a very pretty watch to my eyes :notworthy:

 

John :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

Thanks for everyone’s help on this.

The certificate says it’s from the Chronology Collection Model Retro Chronograph Year Of Production 2003.

It lists the movement as being a self-winding mechanical chronograph and the chronograph definitely work by pushing the buttons.Theres other info but it also says the strap is genuine hand stitched buffalo.Im convinced this is a decent watch just not many of them about which could be a good or bad thing.As I said mine has a slightly lighter face, it has 3 dual but the number 6 is displayed in the bottom one and the scale changes from red from the 9oclock mark to the 12oclock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

Thanks for everyone’s help on this.

The certificate says it’s from the Chronology Collection Model Retro Chronograph Year Of Production 2003.

It lists the movement as being a self-winding mechanical chronograph and the chronograph definitely work by pushing the buttons.Theres other info but it also says the strap is genuine hand stitched buffalo.Im convinced this is a decent watch just not many of them about which could be a good or bad thing.As I said mine has a slightly lighter face, it has 3 dual but the number 6 is displayed in the bottom one and the scale changes from red from the 9oclock mark to the 12oclock.

 

https://s14.postimg.org/ghmdy4rr5/2841_FDE9-_C56_B-48_C0-9_EAC-13_FCAD444_EE1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

Thanks for everyone’s help on this.

The certificate says it’s from the Chronology Collection Model Retro Chronograph Year Of Production 2003.

It lists the movement as being a self-winding mechanical chronograph and the chronograph definitely work by pushing the buttons.Theres other info but it also says the strap is genuine hand stitched buffalo.Im convinced this is a decent watch just not many of them about which could be a good or bad thing.As I said mine has a slightly lighter face, it has 3 dual but the number 6 is displayed in the bottom one and the scale changes from red from the 9oclock mark to the 12oclock.

 

https://s14.postimg.org/ghmdy4rr5/2841_FDE9-_C56_B-48_C0-9_EAC-13_FCAD444_EE1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only two of your image links are working. Read the sticky post on how to post images. You need to copy in the part under Direct link

Quote

DEDCC2_C9-47_BE-42_AB-_BF78-7_AE683_A22_

C02_F0_E18-_B25_C-4_A62-_BFD6-_F007_B0_A

2841_FDE9-_C56_B-48_C0-9_EAC-13_FCAD444_

73_FD36_A8-12_CE-44_D1-_A5_A4-6_F47_B840

Pretty watch, BTW. I'm envious. 

Edited by Chromejob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

About Us

The Watch Forum started in 2001 as a forum for RLT Watches customers. Since then it has grown into a world wide community of watch enthusiasts and a large resource for all types of horology.

Contact Us

Email : admin@thewatchforum.co.uk

Phone: 07762 569 999
×