• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Hi,

If I try uploading a pic to my gallery I get an error -200 message, what am I doing wrong?

Cheers

Rich.

What device are you trying to upload from?

Just try this for me : open an image, that won't upload to the gallery, on the laptop and then re-saving it in paint or photoshop as a standard JPG then try uploading it please.

1 minute ago, Roy said:

Just try this for me, open an image, that won't upload, on the laptop and then re-saving it in paint or photoshop as a standard JPG then try uploading it please.

Will do.

Same error.

I just tested a standard JPG from a Chromebook (Chrome OS running Chrome browser), working fine. It could be your image is oversized (huge file size), or an unsupported format. Try ALT+Enter on the file in Windows Explorer/file view, and see what size and file type it is. 

8 minutes ago, Chromejob said:

I just tested a standard JPG from a Chromebook (Chrome OS running Chrome browser), working fine. It could be your image is oversized (huge file size), or an unsupported format. Try ALT+Enter on the file in Windows Explorer/file view, and see what size and file type it is. 

One pic was 2.6mb, the other was 3.3mb, both were jpegs. I think I'm correct in thinking that max size is 5mb?

1 minute ago, stairpost said:

This is odd, I can upload a pic of everything apart from the watch I want to upload.

Is it a Parnis ?

:partytime:

Just now, Karrusel said:

Is it a Parnis ?

:partytime:

Good lord, no! :)

I can upload a pic of a rabbit, a piece of paper and an old watch, I can even take a pic of the wall and upload it, but I just keeping getting error -200 whether I'm uploading from the camera or gallery of the watch I want to post. 

• Like 1

Success, sort of. I managed to get a slightly trimmed version uploaded. Still can't figure it out though. I shall have to see how it goes with future attempts. 

Thanks to you all for the input. 

A 3.3Mb JPEG is pretty big. You might be exceeding dimensional limits, but I don’t know what the admin (Roy) has set for that.)

There should be no dimensional limits.

One strange thing I've noticed is that if I take a pic in portrait mode on my Samsung tablet, (ie holding the tablet upright) I get the 200 error code when I try to upload. Take the same pic in landscape mode (tablet sideways on) and the pics upload fine.

16 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

One strange thing I've noticed is that if I take a pic in portrait mode on my Samsung tablet, (ie holding the tablet upright) I get the 200 error code when I try to upload. Take the same pic in landscape mode (tablet sideways on) and the pics upload fine.

I will try that as never managed to upload photos taken on my Samsung unless I use the magnifier that you mentioned. :biggrin:

Is it possible to manage albums in gallery - move photos from one to the other?

Took a pic 5 minutes ago, zoomed in then saved the pic..... and it uploaded nae bother??? 

But other times the 200 error comes up!! 

Edited by Turpinr

2 hours ago, richy176 said:

I will try that as never managed to upload photos taken on my Samsung unless I use the magnifier that you mentioned. :biggrin:

Is it possible to manage albums in gallery - move photos from one to the other?

Yes, it is. Select an image you want to move and at the bottom left you will see a 'Manage image' button. From here, click on the option you want from the drop down box.

• Like 2

On 2/10/2018 at 12:04, Roger the Dodger said:

That's interesting, the pic I was struggling to upload was taken in portrait too.