• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
BonZa

Newbie from Australia

hello, have just signed up after lurking on this forum as a guest for some time.

I have a Tag Heuer quartz that has given me good service for well over twenty years, but after daily wearing it is showing a fair bit of wear 'n' tear so needs some work.

my new watch is a Tag Heuer Aquaracer with a calibre 5 automatic movement and after 6 months it has stopped working so has been returned for a warranty repair

and I have a beautiful old American Watch Co. Waltham pocket watch that is 14 ct gold and has a plate of composition with in it nominating the gold and inscribed with a 20 year guarantee. unfortunately it has been over wound and I'm looking forward to having it repaired

plus my other good half has two Tag Heuer watches

from what I can see this looks like a real good forum. I'm active on a Triumph motorcycle forum and if this forum is as good as that I'm sure there will be a lot that can be learnt

regards, Stephen aka BonZa

• Like 3

Hello BonZa.

Sounds like you've got good taste in motorbikes. I used to own a Triumph Speed Triple a few years ago, still one of my favourite bikes to this day. Unfortunately I only like one Tag watch, I can't afford it and it would be in a queue of some length anyway (the Monaco). Welcome to the forum, I have been on here since last September. The banter is great, the other users are friendly and knowledgeable, I hope you find it to your liking.

Regards, Paul.  :thumbsup:

On 12/01/2018 at 22:41, BonZa said:

hello, have just signed up after lurking on this forum as a guest for some time.

I have a Tag Heuer quartz that has given me good service for well over twenty years, but after daily wearing it is showing a fair bit of wear 'n' tear so needs some work.

my new watch is a Tag Heuer Aquaracer with a calibre 5 automatic movement and after 6 months it has stopped working so has been returned for a warranty repair

and I have a beautiful old American Watch Co. Waltham pocket watch that is 14 ct gold and has a plate of composition with in it nominating the gold and inscribed with a 20 year guarantee. unfortunately it has been over wound and I'm looking forward to having it repaired

plus my other good half has two Tag Heuer watches

from what I can see this looks like a real good forum. I'm active on a Triumph motorcycle forum and if this forum is as good as that I'm sure there will be a lot that can be learnt

regards, Stephen aka BonZa

my new watch is a Tag Heuer Aquaracer with a calibre 5 automatic movement and after 6 months it has stopped working so has been returned for a warranty repair.

My Aquaracer is in for repair too, after 12 months. The winding had been getting rougher then stopped altogether.

I also have an F1 quartz that's been brilliant since I bought it 10 years ago.

What sort of Trumpet have you got ? I've had a T595, T-bird sport and a TT600

26 minutes ago, Turpinr said:

my new watch is a Tag Heuer Aquaracer with a calibre 5 automatic movement and after 6 months it has stopped working so has been returned for a warranty repair.

My Aquaracer is in for repair too, after 12 months. The winding had been getting rougher then stopped altogether.

I also have an F1 quartz that's been brilliant since I bought it 10 years ago.

What sort of Trumpet have you got ? I've had a T595, T-bird sport and a TT600

I'm a bit disappointed that my Tag Aquaracer calibre 5 had to be sent in for repair too. same symptoms as yours, trouble winding and it felt very tight, and if left off my wrist for an hour or so would completely stop. once it has been repaired, hopefully by the end of January, I'll post what was wrong with it. the Tag boutique where I bought it from said this was very unusual, but we'll see. I noticed a thread on this forum with similar problems with the other Aquaracers so I'm a bit concerned about the longevity of the watch

as far as my Trumpy goes a 2007 Bonneville T100 that I've had since new. it has clocked up well over 130,000 kilometers with no major hiccups. I'm aiming for 160,000ks, the magic 100,000 miles. seems many do reach that milestone. rumour is that when the bikes were being redesigned in the late '80s re-launching in the early '90s the criteria for engine design from John Bloor, Triumphs new owner, was "must be good for 140,000 miles"

3 minutes ago, BonZa said:

I'm a bit disappointed that my Tag Aquaracer calibre 5 had to be sent in for repair too. same symptoms as yours, trouble winding and it felt very tight, and if left off my wrist for an hour or so would completely stop. once it has been repaired, hopefully by the end of January, I'll post what was wrong with it. the Tag boutique where I bought it from said this was very unusual, but we'll see. I noticed a thread on this forum with similar problems with the other Aquaracers so I'm a bit concerned about the longevity of the watch

as far as my Trumpy goes a 2007 Bonneville T100 that I've had since new. it has clocked up well over 130,000 kilometers with no major hiccups. I'm aiming for 160,000ks, the magic 100,000 miles. seems many do reach that milestone. rumour is that when the bikes were being redesigned in the late '80s re-launching in the early '90s the criteria for engine design from John Bloor, Triumphs new owner, was "must be good for 140,000 miles"

They said the same thing about mine when I took it in, in fact I rang a couple of months before and a woman said 'oh, they're all roughish to wind'

I had a test ride on the new Bonnie when they first came out and it was about 10 times better than the originals.

140,000 is a fair few miles.most of the born again bikers in the UK only do a few hundred a year :Snore: