• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Spooks

Watch Identification

Hello,

I am not too well versed with watches and am looking for my first jump into vintage watches. I have come across one watch among a few online that I cannot identify at all. Help would be appreciated if someone would help me identify or find if it is fake. 

https://imgur.com/a/2Wvhw

Thank you and have a nice day.

16 minutes ago, seemore said:

That has an AS1130 movement in it and it all looks good.

I think you may be mistaken on this, for one it has no Incabloc shock protection.

Possibly an FHF calibre ?

:thumbsup:

If this is a first venture into vintage watches, then I would say Don't go there! This is a piece for the serious collector who knows what it's about, and is prepared for the fact that this may well be a money pit.

2c worth, IMO - which is never humble  :crazy5vh: get yourself something a tad less vintage and in nicer condition cosmetically, especially as regards the dial if this is a "toe in the water" job!

1 hour ago, mel said:

If this is a first venture into vintage watches, then I would say Don't go there! This is a piece for the serious collector who knows what it's about, and is prepared for the fact that this may well be a money pit.

2c worth, IMO - which is never humble  :crazy5vh: get yourself something a tad less vintage and in nicer condition cosmetically, especially as regards the dial if this is a "toe in the water" job!

Thanks for you two cents Mel! It is my first venture into purchasing a vintage watch, though I am no stranger to vintage and the money sink they can sure be haha. I do have a 60s watch as well as a modern watch as well so I am not too interested in another one of those right now. I am well prepared for the fact that it could be a mistake, theres always a big chance hah. I appreciate you warning! 

When are 2c humble? :laugh: I may go that route in the end though I would love something from the 30-40s. The dial does look like it’s seen better days but overall from a surface level it looks fine to me and Im sure can be cleaned a bit. I like a bit if a vintage feel personally. Though one of the hands looks like it could get slightly corrected. I couldn’t say for the mechanism though. As always personally I like to research something a lot, buy it if it works out, and then learn about it even more. Definitely need to be careful with my “Toe in the water job”! I am looking at a few others as well.

I still am very curious as to what this watch is though. Cannot find a trace of it anywhere. Thanks for the people taking a crack at it so far! What would you all price something like this at?

There's a suggestion Imperial may be linked to Buren, which was bought by Hamilton.

Haven't been able to substantiate that though and have also seen an Imperial pocket watch that may have an Elgin movement.

The movement lacks any ornate features so I'd guess at it being a lower-end manufacturer.

You are quite right it is not the as1130 but could be an  AS 1155 or 1164 with indirect sweep second same movement with added indirect sweep.  

If you google "imperator watch" and look at the one at the bottom of the page it looks very much like yours.