• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
VetteG

Refurb of a vintage pocket watch face

Hi,   My wife inherited her Grandfathers gold pocket watch/stop watch by H Samuel Manchester, the face is badly chipped in a couple of places, is it possible to have the face refurbished?  The watch is working i.e. it tells the time, however the stop watch function does not appear to be working not helped by the sweep hand being missing.  From guesswork regarding her Grandfathers age etc. we are assuming it's age is early 1900's it's number being 76062.

All help appreciated.

Thanks,

Graeme

A picture or two would help. It can certainly be done but it depends how much money you want to invest in it. It's also important to choose people that know what they're doing...

Enamel pocket watch dials can be restored,but is expensive. any pictures.

Here you are, I expensive is a relative term, would it be possible to narrow that down, i.e. under £100, low hundreds etc.  We are keen to have it refurbished since our son is also a watch geek, whether that is affordable to us is another matter.  However it would be a great shame to see it broken down for it's gold content.

Graeme

IMG_2060.JPG?m=1515756804IMG_2061.JPG?m=1515756885IMG_2062.JPG?m=1515756943

3 hours ago, wrenny1969 said:

I'm no expert but is it definitely gold or gold filled. Pics of case hallmarking would enable someone to confirm. 

Its definitely gold, the hallmarks are very small and difficult to read without magnifying.

G

• Like 1

I got the magnifying glass out and its hallmarked for Birmingham (anchor), 1916 (small letter r) and 15 carat (15 625)

Hope this helps.

G