• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
ScottUK

New year, new ventures

Hey guys, 

First post here so thought I'd show my face and join the community properly after finally getting round to registering. 

Not sure if this is the right section to post or not but here goes... I've been making straps for some time now (images below), it would be great to get some feedback and honest/constructive criticism.

sQ5PkPV.jpg

8GnZzrP.jpg

HvHAATD.jpg

GG3h9Wi.jpg

zBWW2C5.jpg

G88XuR1.jpg

AsCFrrk.jpg

eKIkY5T.jpg

More images are available on my Instagram account https://goo.gl/zdrx7p

Thanks 

Scott

• Like 1

No problems with the keeper. A non pre V buckle option would be good, and also a brass/bronze option. Also it may be worth checking forum guidelines, not that I would think you were touting for a bit of free advertising or anything like that. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

To me the keeper and the buckle look ridiculously - even comically - oversized. 

The straps also seem to overpower the watch, although I can see that they may look  better on a wrist.

Thanks for the feedback guys much appreciated, I can see how the keeps look over-sized but I find having a larger keeper holds the strap perfectly. I have made straps (see picture below) with 2 smaller keeps, one sewn in and one floating, which equally hold the strap well, but like the buckle it's all down to personal preference.

ryrUuoP.jpg

Thanks again for the feedback :) 

Have you asked the owner of TWF before trying to advertised your straps for free? 

From the pictures they look good, but it all depends on price, would £20 buy one? 

Cheers Martin 

Edited by martinzx

7 minutes ago, martinzx said:

Have you asked the owner of TWF before trying to advertised your straps for free? 

From the pictures they look good, but it all depends on price, would £20 buy one? 

Cheers Martin 

Hi Martin, My initial post was just a way to introduce myself as a watch enthusiast and strap addict. I can see now how you think I am trying to advertise my straps for sale, if I have broken the rules of this forum I do apologize as this was not my intention.

Like your blog btw you have quite the collection.

If one of the moderators thinks I have breached T&Cs I'm more than happy for them to remove my first post.

Scott