• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
miroman

Interesting dual-balance watch

Hi,

Month ago I spotted on Ali-you-know-where a watch with dual balance movement. I asked myself how it works. I had read about Seagull's twin tourbillon that there was some very complex system of "averaging" the tourbillon cartridges to increase the accuracy - one compensates the other, and vice versa. Well, then I was short of about 35 000 USD to buy it  :) . So I wondered if this one isn't something similar. In addition I was attracted by the size of the movement - I like when the watch is big, it's with a big movement, it's funny to see a 44 mm. watch with a date window in the middle between the axes and the bezel. Well, as I mentioned the date, I also like the "Big date" complication, and it's present in this watch.

So ... two weeks ago I decided and bought it. Surprisingly today it arrived, unbelievable.

tn_IMG_20171229_163259.jpg tn_IMG_20171229_163317.jpg tn_IMG_20171229_163329.jpg

Here are the two balances:

tn_IMG_20171229_163403.jpg

The movement, as I mentioned, is big and well decorated, even with blue screws:

tn_IMG_20171229_163432.jpg

It has two mainsprings, connected with an intermediate wheel. Probably the power spreads between them, to avoid stopping of a single balance: 

tn_IMG_20171229_163455.jpg

When I inspected it in detail, I noticed gears to the hands, connected only to one of the balances. The other has gears only to support power from the mainspring. So I think only one is 'real', the other probably is only 'decorative'. Pity ... 

tn_IMG_20171229_163539.jpg

I don't intend to open it to assure my suspicions. Till now I'll wear it and watch dual balances (although they are not tourbillons :)

tn_IMG_20171229_164117.jpg

Regards, Miro.

• Like 2

Sure looks interesting. At first glance I think only one is real as you said.

I too like date complications in the center below 12 o'clock. I'm assuming there are 2 small calendar wheels beneath the dial that makes it all happen.