• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
ziggy1024

Crystal size on a Vostok 'precision'

Hi Ziggy. You'd have to remove it and measure with some vernier calipers to get a decent measurement. What exactly is the problem with the crystal?

Thanks but that's not as easy as you might expect! The problem is that the original one went missing - having measured the I/D of the case I ordered a 30.8, but it was slightly too big and despite (probably because of) 'adjusting' it slightly, I managed to crack the edge upon refitting. It'll either be a 306 or a 304 I guess, but just thought I'd see if anyone knew for sure!

I can’t help with your question but I really like that watch.

In fact Vostok produce limited runs of modern versions of this called “Vostok Classica “. They seem to disappear from the Meranom website pretty quickly though, so can be hard to catch.

Anyway, enjoy wearing that lovely watch.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ullevi said:

I can’t help with your question but I really like that watch.

In fact Vostok produce limited runs of modern versions of this called “Vostok Classica “. They seem to disappear from the Meranom website pretty quickly though, so can be hard to catch.

Anyway, enjoy wearing that lovely watch.

Thank you - I currently am doing so!

Contemplating re-fitting the second hand when I next have it on the bench, but I quite like the 'minimal' look too.

Good to know that it's nice on the inside as well...

ds343Wx.jpg?1

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ullevi said:

In fact Vostok produce limited runs of modern versions of this called “Vostok Classica “.

2 hours ago, Lampoc said:

Juts FYI, Vostok have just released a new homage which is pretty similar to yours:

:taz: Just what I needed. :laughing2dw:

Mind you.

large.1501328103290-2129993395.jpg.61124d1eab5283225c634a993e1f1dbc.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lampoc said:

Juts FYI, Vostok have just released a new homage which is pretty similar to yours:

They look nice! Bit big, but I'm sure that'll suit some people just fine.

No 2809 movement though, which was probably the main reason I got mine in the first place...

• Like 1