• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

21 minutes ago, thegreentreefrog said:

A 150 degrees with the oven off is cooler than sitting in the sun in Cannes France.READ .

http://www.woundforlife.com/2014/04/21/lessons-wristory-omega-speedmaster-nasa-testing-process/

Sorry, but telling someone with a new watch that he thinks is defective to put it in the oven in some silly attempt to "bake out" (?) some fault with the inner crystal (not "lens") is loony advice IMHO. :mad0218: Just because NASA baked some Speedmasters as part of their testing process does not make it safe practice for  any old consumer watch. My thinking is that it could weaken seals and on the next water immersion dive, the owner has a very real issue of water intrusion. Someone like @Roy who actually works on the things can set me straight. :whistle:

• Like 1

He asked the forum for advise, NEXT TIME HE NEEDS TO COME DIRECTLY TO YOU!

What do I know? I'm only a Avionics technician that has seen similar Hazing in Altimeters and Lexan aircraft canopies. 

I would not have advised him to do anything, I would not do with my Vintage watches or even my Timex.

COOL YOUR JETS, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! 

You must have heard by now that TYPING IN ALL CAPS WITH EXCLAMATION POINTS! is generally seen as yelling online. Speaking of "cool your jets," stop yelling, please. 

Edited by Chromejob
Cooling one's jets, indeed

Thanks fo all your comments guys. The guy I have been dealing with at Traser is off sick and the new guy there has Ben ready epful. He has offered me a replacement watch higher spec than the original. He pressure tested the original watch and said it passed but wanted this issue resolved. Replacement watch is better than the courts. probably best to steer clear of this company though in case some thing goes wrong with your purchase. Graham Green watch services in Dorset is Traser UK.

During all this I came across these watches http://www.armourlite.com/armourlite-t25-watches

Take a look and once again thanks for your comments.