UK Watch Forum banner

Traser

7K views 40 replies 13 participants last post by  bill 
#1 ·
Hi guys. Thought I would let you know my experience with Traser UK. They sold me a watch for £330 and every time I go outside it mists up. Traser say it's normal and won't give me a refund. It mists up for over an hour in the cold and I am a firefighter medic so I am in and out all day. Having to take them to small claims court now. Anyone else's ever had this issue?

Trasers reply was that his pair of glasses mists up when he goes outside but he didn't send them back as they were fit for purpose. Professional response.

#5 ·
This is a small boutique brand in the UK? Don't think I've heard of them. But this would be a great way to kill their brand.

#7 ·
Is yours the pioneer chrono ?
Here's the spec from their site.
GreenWater resistance: 200m
Anyone know what green water resistance is ?
My £1 watch from Poundworld dont steam up. Yours has most likly got mosture in it when it was assembled and then sealed in.

Other than that you have exposed it to White water which its not covered by their warranty. [emoji41] Sounds like a bunch of cowboys. I hope you get it sorted.
0d38e7b9e864496d03200f7a2e0a1989.jpg

Sent from my LG-H440n using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Thanks guys. My £35 timex doesn't mist up either!!

this was there reply.

"The misting is normal for a watch of this type from any quality watch with a very thick sapphire glass for security.

The watch is best kept covered until you need to view however the dial is still easily read even with the slight misting.

These watches have been tested in arctic, jungle and desert conditions by special forces and passed muster prior to purchase for issue.

We hope this helps"

Doesnt sound right to me.

#40 ·
Thanks guys. My £35 timex doesn't mist up either!!

this was there reply.

"The misting is normal for a watch of this type from any quality watch with a very thick sapphire glass for security.

The watch is best kept covered until you need to view however the dial is still easily read even with the slight misting.

These watches have been tested in arctic, jungle and desert conditions by special forces and passed muster prior to purchase for issue.

We hope this helps"

Doesnt sound right to me.
:laugh: my Saturation diver has almost 5mm thick Sapphire !!! and guess what, its never misted up .. what a load of bo-llox !!

#13 ·
Well I had a look for Traser watch problems, and it kept referring to some company selling the watches ,who was having problems, and some one one else from Australia.

All depends on what you do with a watch when your wearing it, a lot of people where them in the shower, which I've never understood.

#14 ·
Some men really like to time their scrub-a-dub-dub period. A dive watch should have no issues in the shower, bath, swimming pool, ocean even. Sounds like Traser is trasher, regardless of appearance or materials.

#20 ·
Are they STILL refusing to repair or replace? Maybe it's time to check your credit card company and see if they offer buyer protection.

#22 ·
Er, that doesn't sound right either. The watch is clearly "not fit for purpose" and you should be refunded the full selling price, either from your credit card company or the original seller. You are being fobbed off by both of them mate. My only suggestion would be to go through the small claims court, I think it will cost you 80 quid if the bailiffs are involved and you end up losing the case (just the threat of them would normally be enough the scare the seller into a refund).

Good luck anyway, and by the way, hats off to you for your job as a firefighter medic :yes: :thumbs_up:

#23 ·
There is no excuse for the watch misting up every time you go out. The only time I ever have had a watch mist up is when I got water in it.

Have you had the watch under water? If yours is brand new and misting up, then it either has a leak or there was moisture in it when it was assembled.

From the response by Traser, I wouldn't touch one of their watches with a barge pole!

#24 ·
It does not look like misting? it looks more like someone cleaned the inside of the crystal with ACETONE , or some other chemical.You are getting a Hologram effect on the crystal.

If they won't make good and replace the watch , I would try this. Heat a oven to 150 degrees Fahrenheit TURN THE OVEN OFF and place the watch in the oven for 30 minutes.

If this improves the Hazing repeat the process. I beleive you have a Chemical residue on the back of the lense.

#28 ·
A 150 degrees with the oven off is cooler than sitting in the sun in Cannes France.READ .

http://www.woundforlife.com/2014/04/21/lessons-wristory-omega-speedmaster-nasa-testing-process/
Sorry, but telling someone with a new watch that he thinks is defective to put it in the oven in some silly attempt to "bake out" (?) some fault with the inner crystal (not "lens") is loony advice IMHO. :mad0218: Just because NASA baked some Speedmasters as part of their testing process does not make it safe practice for any old consumer watch. My thinking is that it could weaken seals and on the next water immersion dive, the owner has a very real issue of water intrusion. Someone like @Roy who actually works on the things can set me straight. :whistle:

Reactions: ziggy1024
#29 ·
He asked the forum for advise, NEXT TIME HE NEEDS TO COME DIRECTLY TO YOU!

What do I know? I'm only a Avionics technician that has seen similar Hazing in Altimeters and Lexan aircraft canopies.

I would not have advised him to do anything, I would not do with my Vintage watches or even my Timex.

COOL YOUR JETS, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!

#31 ·
Thanks fo all your comments guys. The guy I have been dealing with at Traser is off sick and the new guy there has Ben ready epful. He has offered me a replacement watch higher spec than the original. He pressure tested the original watch and said it passed but wanted this issue resolved. Replacement watch is better than the courts. probably best to steer clear of this company though in case some thing goes wrong with your purchase. Graham Green watch services in Dorset is Traser UK.

During all this I came across these watches http://www.armourlite.com/armourlite-t25-watches

Take a look and once again thanks for your comments.

#33 ·
I'm still not getting the fact that you said the watch mists up every time you went out .

I've been wearing the watch all week , in the pouring rain, in the cold, sat above a radiator, I've worn it inside my coat, outside my coat, I've had its inside a fridge then worn the watch.

I cannot get it to steam up, or mist up as you have said it does, it had moisture on the out side of the watch after it came out of the fridge, but there was no evidence at all that the watch misted up on the inside.

So I really don't know what the man has been doing to make the watch mist up..

I think I've done all I can to prove that the watch is fit for purpose.

So before every one makes there mind up on one persons experience a watch, take someone's else experience of wearing exactly the same watch.

Which has performed exactly as it is expected to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.