• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Hi guys. Thought I would let you know my experience with Traser UK. They sold me a watch for £330 and every time I go outside it mists up. Traser say it’s normal and won’t give me a refund. It mists up for over an hour in the cold and I am a firefighter medic so I am in and out all day. Having to take them to small claims court now. Anyone else’s ever had this issue?

Trasers reply was that his pair of glasses mists up when he goes outside but he didn’t send them back as they were fit for purpose. Professional response.

21 minutes ago, davidwilbers said:

Traser say it’s normal

Well if it is, that's a good reason not to buy one. Good luck with your claim.

• Like 1

This is a small boutique brand in the UK? Don’t think I’ve heard of them. But this would be a great way to kill their brand.

Is yours the pioneer chrono ?

Here's the spec from their site.

GreenWater resistance: 200m

Anyone know what green water resistance is ?

Is yours the pioneer chrono ?
Here's the spec from their site.
 GreenWater resistance: 200m
Anyone know what green water resistance is ?

My £1 watch from Poundworld dont steam up. Yours has most likly got mosture in it when it was assembled and then sealed in.

Other than that you have exposed it to White water which its not covered by their warranty. Sounds like a bunch of cowboys. I hope you get it sorted.0d38e7b9e864496d03200f7a2e0a1989.jpg

Sent from my LG-H440n using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks guys. My £35 timex doesn’t mist up either!!

this was there reply.

“The misting is normal for a watch of this type from any quality watch with a very thick sapphire glass for security.

The watch is best kept covered until you need to view however the dial is still easily read even with the slight misting.

These  watches have been tested in arctic, jungle and desert conditions by special forces and passed muster prior to purchase for issue.

We hope this helps”

Doesnt sound right to me. 

If you do a Google search "Traser watches problems" it would appear you are not alone.

• Like 1

Well I had a look for Traser watch problems,  and it kept referring to some company selling the watches ,who was having problems, and some one one else from Australia.

All depends on what you do with a watch when your wearing it, a lot of people where  them in the shower, which I've never understood.

Some men really like to time their scrub-a-dub-dub period. A dive watch should have no issues in the shower, bath, swimming pool, ocean even. Sounds like Traser is trasher, regardless of appearance or materials.

On 22/12/2017 at 07:57, davidwilbers said:

Really haven’t got time to go to court with but will have to I think out of principle.

Get a pressure test done, that will let you know if its functioning properly.

• Like 1

Nevermind. Photophucket. I get it now. 

Edited by Chromejob
nevermind

On 19/12/2017 at 09:35, davidwilbers said:

every time I go outside it mists up.

I'm a bit confused, you say it mists up every time you go out, but it's just the same picture, so is it every time you go out or not.

Are they STILL refusing to repair or replace? Maybe it’s time to check your credit card company and see if they offer buyer protection.

26 minutes ago, davidwilbers said:

Credit card wont touch it as to classed by them as a faulty goods.

Er, that doesn't sound right either.  The watch is clearly "not fit for purpose" and you should be refunded the full selling price, either from your credit card company or the original seller.  You are being fobbed off by both of them mate.  My only suggestion would be to go through the small claims court, I think it will cost you 80 quid if the bailiffs are involved and you end up losing the case (just the threat of them would normally be enough the scare the seller into a refund).

Good luck anyway, and by the way, hats off to you for your job as a firefighter medic  :yes: :thumbs_up:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is no excuse for the watch misting up every time you go out. The only time I ever have had a watch mist up is when I got water in it.

Have you had the watch under water? If yours is brand new and misting up, then it either has a leak or there was moisture in it when it was assembled.

From the response by Traser, I wouldn't touch one of their watches with a barge pole!

It does not look like misting? it looks more like someone cleaned the inside of the crystal with ACETONE , or some other chemical.You are getting a Hologram effect on the crystal.

If they won't make good and replace the watch , I would try this. Heat a oven to 150 degrees Fahrenheit TURN THE OVEN OFF and place the watch in the oven for 30 minutes.

If this improves the Hazing repeat the process. I beleive you have a Chemical residue on the back of the lense.

On 1/17/2018 at 04:34, davidwilbers said:

Credit card wont touch it as to classed by them as a faulty goods.

Some credit cards will cover your purchase if faulty (not fit for use, I guess is what it is called over there) and the seller/manufacturer refuses to honor a return/warranty policy. Again, check with your credit card company literally, not just say "they won't." Most people are unaware of the all the services and benefits their credit card issuers and banks offer them. 

35 minutes ago, thegreentreefrog said:

If they won't make good and replace the watch , I would try this. Heat a oven to 150 degrees Fahrenheit TURN THE OVEN OFF and place the watch in the oven for 30 minutes.

If this improves the Hazing repeat the process. I beleive you have a Chemical residue on the back of the lense.

Sweet Jesus, NO, do not do this! I've see pics of watches that were returned to the seller or manufacturer after being baked (often a dive watch that had some moisture intrusion), and of course the seller would NOT honor the warranty as putting the watch in an oven is not normal use and guaranteed to destroy a watch.