UK Watch Forum banner

Perfectly Satisfied

2K views 35 replies 19 participants last post by  Nigelp 
#1 ·
Do you have a watch you are 100 percent satisfied with 100 percent of the time?

After thinking and looking at mine I can't find one that hasn't got something that could be improved. Could be lume, hands, movement, anything.

Out of 150 plus......for me none.

If you've got the perfect watch let's see it :)

I haven't . Maybe I need to spend more, though I doubt that would do it.

Over to you :thumbsup:

#12 ·
I feel quite lucky. I have three watches that IMO are fault free. They are an (in no particular order of favouritism) Oris Aquis small second, Seiko Turtle SRPB11J1 Blue lagoon, and a Seiko PADI SUN065P1. I'm sure somebody out there will have a difference of opinion. :)

Weirdo's watch, apparently. :laughing2dw:

large.IMG_20171123_160220.jpg.a2ef12fb81b338f3d3e4578a94e8f804.jpg
Weirdo's watch ?.

Valjoux "chair", and no phone for a month. Its the only way. :laughing2dw:

4f47510eec3cb435b30a7b6c1dd22516--the-as
I've been looking for something for our lass for Christmas, this could be just the thing. :thumbsup:

#18 ·
Too many to list, though my criteria is probably different. One that does spring to mind is my Eco drive. Never let me down in 12 years, keeps excellent time and has a strap that fits perfectly, could do with a new face if someone wanted to be picky but its part of its history.

IZRgQnX.jpg

The only other of less expense and surprising pleasure is one of the Pulsars, perfect? probably not but I have no complaints.

rWh1YeD.jpg

Reactions: RWP
#19 ·
A quick scan through my Gallery photos brings up these 3 that I am perfectly satisfied with. I have more but no photos on hand. Good question, Rog. Going through my photos I realised there were loads that I really like but have some sort of flaw even if only minor.

#25 ·
Do you have a watch you are 100 percent satisfied with 100 percent of the time?
well no ... obviously , or i'd only have the one watch (although not quite logically true I am a skinflint so in my case it would be so) ... and i'm not even a collector

anyway, 100% percent of the time does not take into account the ebb and flow of what I happen to like on any particular day, week or month. its tough being me you know :laugh:

#33 ·
I tend to find that I am 90% satisfied, and then look for one thing to change. If only the dial was black instead of white... if only it had the date... if only it was smaller/bigger...

Then I get something that fulfills the need, but has another fault, sometimes the opposite that makes me want the old one back.

I had a 38mm quartz CW trident, white dial. Love it, but wanted an auto version. Bought a 43mm auto, white dial. Too big. Sold it and bought soem brewing equipment and an Orient Ray II.

Actually, the only thing I don't like about the Ray is the cheap rattly bracelet. Now if I could change that... :)

#34 · (Edited by Moderator)
20170416_164417

These are close, the AP is the only perfect one though...the sub fails on the noise of the bracelet, the VC is slightly thicker than ideal and the Cartier is sweet but on a leather and made of gold can't be a daily wearer really.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.