• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
RWP

Sum Up Good Friday

As a matter of interest who got what or ordered what in the last few days?

Be interesting to see if the fuss we deride worked :whistle:

Please add anything bought under Black Friday Influence :thumbsup:

Personally

T W Steel dual time Volante.

Blenheim Navigator times two.

Pulsar Chrono.

Can't say I didn't fall for it but I didn't spend a lot.

Did you buy anything, if not why not :yes:

Cheers

Edited by RWP

One has arrived at home for me which was a pre order Scurfa Diver One MS 17 Number 11 of 100

Edited by Rob.B
change
  • Like 1

I bought another G-shock from the Casio outlet site, still a lot cheaper than anywhere else. I did get a Google Assistant speaker, which I'm quite impressed with :) I wasn't tempted by any so called Black Friday watch sales though :(

• Like 1

Nothing.

Although I am waiting on a strap coming from a lady in Ukraine.

LawfulAngryBergerpicard-max-1mb.gif

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Nothing.

Although I am waiting on a strap coming from a lady in Ukraine.

LawfulAngryBergerpicard-max-1mb.gif

Hope the old ticker holds out Wrench :thumbsup:

Picked up a nice horween nato and a rubber strap for the OM, both Zulu Divers and both were already on my want list so I don't feel duped.

8KFsTY3.jpg

I'm in the market for a compact camera (we have a few nice trips booked for next year) so will keep looking over the weekend, watches will have to take a back seat!

I've been very reserved and limited my watch spend to straps this time, all from Watch Gecko:

Geckota C-3 Vintage Pre-V 24mm for my Gruppo Gamma Bronze Vanguard in five different colours -
Cracked Rust
Honey Brown
Camel Brown
Dark Brown
Sand Brown
So now I have options! 

Zuludiver Z Type black 18mm PU dive strap to put on a Casio AE-120WH, because the bracelet on that is terrible (in fairness, the watch only cost £25)....

K4 Military 22mm brown. Because it looked nice and was only a fiver.

Total spend - just over £50. 

I also got a highchair for my little boy who's just started weaning, and Steven Spielberg's Duel on Blu-ray. :)

Both my kids work part time , they are students. They have some disposable income.....  They have the urge to dispose of that disposable income at times... The lad had to work today at one of his jobs... The girl got on a bus with £200 in her purse. It will be gone by now. However.... She is canny with her spending and knows how to play black Friday... Her and her mob will do well....So I didn't do Black Friday.... but someone in my family was carrying the flag.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Nothing, thank goodness. I'm finally on the wagon after many promises and poor, half-hearted attempts.

I got close on a Certina and Formexa couple times yesterday and today, but talked myself down off the ledge.

• Like 1

Picked up a new personal CD player for myself at £7.00 - - quite happy, the old one was distinctly kernadgered, and this new one will be fine for listening without disturbing the Managing Directress! :yes:

Watches - - nothing on t'horizon at present :tumbleweed:

• Like 1

My nearest town, yesterday, was absolutely "dead", and all the honest shopkeeper's say its getting worse every year. All they expect is a last minute frenzy on Christmas eve. Sad, I set up a business there in 1981, and the place was thriving, now its full of empty shops and dilapidated buildings. :(

• Sad 1