• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
YouCantHaveTooManyWatches

How to wake up a dormant Forum member

Maybe try naming the member with an @ sign on the front and they will get a ping.  Ie @Padders would notify me that I was being discussed. 

• Like 1

Seems odd to offer a watch and then go radio silent. What time frame have you sent these PMs? A few hours,... a few days? Maybe they’re just away from the forum, computer, Internet, society....

On 22/11/2017 at 08:11, YouCantHaveTooManyWatches said:

I have tried three questions and several IM’s but to no avail. 

This member has a watch for sale but has never responded to my seven or eight attempts to reach out with a potential trade or sale. Any ideas?

I did a pm to one of the members in the classifieds about 2 months, still no reply so I let it go. Don't know why they never answered. I thought never mind and moved on. :thumbsup:

Have a look at their profile to see when they were last active.

Maybe in hospital.................or worse.:(

They may have you on "ignore". :biggrin:

• Thanks 1

Strange when this happens....There's a brand new black Seiko 'Sea Urchin' in the sales corner, advertised by 'Mr Toast', and despite several questions being asked, and a PM from me asking if it was still available, no reponse. Then I looked at his profile and he hasn't been here since September. Why advertise a watch for sale then disappear, unless, as Rob said above, something's happened.

In the end, I gave up waiting and bought one off ebay (A Japan made, bracelet version) for the same money, so I actually got a bit of a bargain.:thumbsup:

I already tried tagging said member on the sales post but the member still hasn't logged in in over a month.

@YouCantHaveTooManyWatches - have you tried looking for the same watch elsewhere as that's a lost cause to me...

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 08:11, YouCantHaveTooManyWatches said:

I have tried three questions and several IM’s but to no avail. 

This member has a watch for sale but has never responded to my seven or eight attempts to reach out with a potential trade or sale. Any ideas?

You're not the only one PM ing about this watch. No reply for me either.

Strangely, although I have 'followed' the watch sales section I have received no notifications for other posts.

With that being the case, and for an exercise I have also followed all other sections and switched on all  available options in the

notification setup screen. I should get a notification if someone farts on here but I've had nothing. Is it broken?? 

I wish someone would pm me about the one I have for sale in sales corner...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If the member in question is not logging in on the forum, and does not receive notifications via email, they'd not likely realise they were being contacted.

Later,
William

2 hours ago, William_Wilson said:

If the member in question is not logging in on the forum, and does not receive notifications via email, they'd not likely realise they were being contacted.

Later,
William

Which kind of defeats the object of having a sales thread in the first place. :laugh:

"I'll just take the time to post these pictures and a description … now what? I know, I'll turn off all notifications settings and give the forum a miss for a few weeks. It should sell in no time."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, it'salivejim said:

Which kind of defeats the object of having a sales thread in the first place. :laugh:

"I'll just take the time to post these pictures and a description … now what? I know, I'll turn off all notifications settings and give the forum a miss for a few weeks. It should sell in no time."

Forum software updates and reinstalls turned off email notifications on my account. It does not matter in my case, but the seller in question may not even be aware. The finer points of the software can be daunting at times.

On the other hand, perhaps the individual is serving a stretch at Her Majesty's pleasure. :wink:

Later,
William

• Like 1

On 11/25/2017 at 12:54, Roger the Dodger said:

Strange when this happens....There's a brand new black Seiko 'Sea Urchin' in the sales corner, advertised by 'Mr Toast', and despite several questions being asked, and a PM from me asking if it was still available, no reponse. Then I looked at his profile and he hasn't been here since September. Why advertise a watch for sale then disappear, unless, as Rob said above, something's happened.

Grounds for banning a user, me thinks. 

On 11/25/2017 at 13:07, Damo516 said:

I already tried tagging said member on the sales post but the member still hasn't logged in in over a month.

@YouCantHaveTooManyWatches - have you tried looking for the same watch elsewhere as that's a lost cause to me...

Posting a sales notice, then disappearing for month? Grounds for banning, me thinks. 

7 hours ago, William_Wilson said:

If the member in question is not logging in on the forum, and does not receive notifications via email, they'd not likely realise they were being contacted...

They'd not likely realize what an idiot they're being. IMHO This forum is not an open bazaar for people to list their watches, do nothing else, not even log in to say howdy, happy birthday, yippee I haz a new watch, or WTF doesn't anyone wanna buy my watch. IMHO ... they're abusing the forum. Ban, bye-bye. 

Edited by Chromejob

2 hours ago, scottswatches said:

@YouCantHaveTooManyWatches PM me the members name and I can try and email them a prod :thumbsup:

No guarantees though

On ‎02‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 09:10, BobJ said:

You're not the only one PM ing about this watch. No reply for me either.

Strangely, although I have 'followed' the watch sales section I have received no notifications for other posts.

With that being the case, and for an exercise I have also followed all other sections and switched on all  available options in the

notification setup screen. I should get a notification if someone farts on here but I've had nothing. Is it broken?? 

I think you are all being a bit harsh.

The seller may have died and their loved ones know nothing about the post or not able to log in.

Then again......maybe not.

13 hours ago, Robden said:

I think you are all being a bit harsh.

The seller may have died and their loved ones know nothing about the post or not able to log in.

Then again......maybe not.

I'm betting they were part of the NASA's Apollo program. Something has gone awry in space with a piece of 1960s technology, and they were summoned to Houston. At this very moment they are being prepared to be launched on an emergency mission. Yeah, that's probably what happened. :yes:

Later,
William