• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
scottswatches

early calendar movement identification?

Fresh in is this silver cased watch with calendar

20171114_132251

the calendar is interesting on a silver watch of this design - look at the calendar wheel (top right)!

20171114_132044

I have tried with the help of dr Ranfft to id this movement but failed - can anyone spot what it might be?  23mm wide

and the silver case has unusual stamps too - apposing F's indicating Glasgow, an 'i' in it's own bubble and 925 for silver.  If the 'i' was in an upside down shield this would indicate 1931 - extremely early for a date mechanism I think (but suits the styling and case size)

20171114_132130

Any thoughts, especially on the movement ID

Bulova retailed a similar calendar watch, as per the first watch in this article, which is dated to 1932.

http://www.watchophilia.com/news/four-incredible-new-acquisitions-/

Here is another example, from the Rytime Watch Company, which is also dated to the early 1930s.

http://www.cjbalm.com/watches/watch380.htm

Neither have the same movement as in your watch but they are from the same approximate date so may be of some interest / help. :)

• Thanks 1

Might be worth concentrating on the case. FF is the imported Glasgow silver mark ...can’t make the numbers read 925 though. ASM?  Or A5M.? Sorry can’t help.but interesting piece.

A5M  seems to be the one....Vernon Grauer were known as agents for high end watch cases so might be worth looking at their history.

Edited by bridgeman