• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

New Member Introduction

Hello all!

My name is Dave and I'm new to the forum. I've been active on and off at Watchuseek, primarily in the Russian watch forum.

For most of my life, I've owned one inexpensive quartz watch that I wore every day. Then I inherited my father's vintage Rolex GMT Master and I became fascinated with vintage mechanical and automatics. Not wanting to spend my life savings on my newfound interest, I searched for affordable, interesting vintage watches and discovered the world of Soviet-era Russian watches. My collection includes several Vostoks and Raketas. I also have a couple of early Soviet quartz watches.

Being budget-minded, I've expanded my collection to include some ultra-cheap Chinese watches.

Most recently, I acquired an electric watch from the early 70's. In fact, that's what brought me here, I posted a question about it in the electric watch forum and got some great responses.

Looking forward to meeting more forum regulars!

Welcome to the mad house and enjoy!

Oh, pics, pics and more pics please! :thumbsup: 

Edited by Caller.

Welcome to the forum Dave - is it safe to admit a liking for things Russian with all those questions around Trump? :biggrin::laugh: