UK Watch Forum banner

Post Your Wildlife Pictures from Gardens & Great Outdoors

10K views 78 replies 29 participants last post by  Silver Hawk 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here is a Red Admiral feeding on a pear on the tree in my garden.

Red1.jpg

Here is the larvae of the swallowtailed moth.

DSCN1737.jpg

See less See more
#6 ·
Might be helpful (to me at least) if you could post the equipment and settings you used to capture your shots, at least then I might know if I can do similar.
For my pic I used a Fuji S4240 bridge camera, and the photo was taken through my kitchen window on the fully automatic setting, simply zoomed in to fill the frame (the squirrel was approx 15 feet away). The camera has got loads of manual settings, but I don't bother getting bogged down with them... :lol: For what it's worth, I really recommend this camera.

I've copied the following details from the file properties, not sure if it will help:

FUJIFILM FinePix S4240,

f/5.9,

exposure time 1/70 sec,

ISO-800,

focal length 103mm,

4288x3216 pixels.

:D

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the forum! Some great pics there! Can I ask you to seek out the Bug Photos thread...one of my favourites, and the one I post mostly in. Unfortunately, due to Photobucket's new policy of refusing 3rd party hosting on its basic accounts, a lot of the earlier pics have been replaced with their warning picture. Thankfully, I downloaded all my albums before they were lost, and am slowly rebuilding the thread with the saved pics. The last couple of pages should be OK. :thumbsup:

#20 ·
Don't believe everything on the internet. We went all the way to Oz and never even saw a kangaroo never mind a Croc or a Great White !! We did see some Koala Bears after we paid to get in.

:biggrin:

This is as close to wildlife as we get to here.

yern2H.jpg

Bill chilling out even though there are fireworks going off all over the place.

:laugh: :laugh:

Reactions: Cassie-O
#23 ·
Don't believe everything on the internet. We went all the way to Oz and never even saw a kangaroo never mind a Croc or a Great White !! We did see some Koala Bears after we paid to get in.
Won't argue with you there! I had seen one croc on one river up in the Northern Territories before my last trip. And on the creek we went to where I took the pic of the croc above, we saw three others in a short space of time. Previously, I had been loads of places where crocs were expected and there were none!

Kangaroos and wallaby's are practically tame in some suburban / parks, which isn't the same as seeing them in the wild. The only place I did that was in the outback. They even gather on the driving range my brother in law uses. When I went, I was amazed at the way they ignored all the golf balls pinging around! 'Cuddle a koala' places seem everywhere now but I have also seen them in the wild!

#26 ·
A few more birds.

7deb72b34bd70cdda3a00e71dab77595.jpg2efd59e7bbe1111581127a8806406a5d.jpga63ac268325fee8c0e046a709fc311f8.jpg

Sent from my LG-H440n using Tapatalk
Love the Barn Owl and Red Kite shots....that duck at the top looks as if it's the 'Roadrunner'....'meep meep!'.... :thumbsup:

Reactions: Cyclops930
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.