• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
JayDeep

No running seconds

Does it bother you not to have a running seconds hand on a watch?

I thought it would me, because I'm all about a sweeping seconds hand. But I've now got an auto without and it really doesn't bother me at all.

In fact, I prefer it to a small seconds subdial.

the horror , the horror .

it'll be no minute markers next :angry:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rotundus said:

the horror , the horror .

it'll be no minute markers next :angry:

Hahaha who needs them though? If your mind can't process a simple twelfth split for position, you should seriously consider some special education classes. Special with finger quotes.

If mindless military blokes can do it, you sure as rain ought to. Hell I learned clock positioning as a juvenile growing up taking with the guys about where the next hot chick was in relation to how we were seated. Come on! I was like 13...

This is why I don't get people, @RWP, who make a big deal about lume bring on the hour markers.

Edited by JayDeep

1/12 split ??? that's hour markers mate , I am talking 60th division markers for minutes ! 

For quartz its a no-no IMO since you cannot tell if its going without waiting.. and nobody likes to wait.

Mechanical you can hear it ticking away...

Only one in my stable with no seconds 

Rolex20160720_105339

• Like 2

I like to see a running seconds hand on my watches, purely to make sure it is still running.  Doesn't bother me whether it hits the markers bang-on or not, and sweeping or ticking are both fine as well.  The only one in my collection without a second hand is this one:

20160812_110643

It was an ultra-cheapie from ebay, I bought 5 similar watch heads for £15.  I liked this one best, so I kept it and gave away the other 4 on here.  Effectively, it's a 3 quid watch on a 5 quid strap :laughing2dw:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Davey P said:

I like to see a running seconds hand on my watches, purely to make sure it is still running.  Doesn't bother me whether it hits the markers bang-on or not, and sweeping or ticking are both fine as well.  The only one in my collection without a second hand is this one:

20160812_110643

It was an ultra-cheapie from ebay, I bought 5 similar watch heads for £15.  I liked this one best, so I kept it and gave away the other 4 on here.  Effectively, it's a 3 quid watch on a 5 quid strap :laughing2dw:

Very Panerai like is it not?

Every watch without a seconds hand - I have two - should have a Schofield sign-O-life!

L1e7RRV4p4ZN_8JieVvEaN2GQBssPgMM9R_JnpVD

13 minutes ago, Caller. said:

Every watch without a seconds hand - I have two - should have a Schofield sign-O-life!

What is that black disc in the center with the marker line ?

I do like that watch.:yes:

5 minutes ago, Caller. said:

That's the sign-0-life! I really like the watch as well,

Thanks.

Not one for the "dinner suit". They seem to have successfully manufactured a "cult", as well as watches. I'd still have that particular watch though.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rotundus said:

1/12 split ??? that's hour markers mate , I am talking 60th division markers for minutes ! 

Oh yes I missed that entirely.

Still wouldn't need it, as long as there is either hour or minute, one will do without the other for me.

13 hours ago, Caller. said:

That's beautiful

13 hours ago, reggie747 said:

It don't bother me none...

166290362.ERbPbqxJ.2017092914.32.32.jpg

Beautiful pieces.