• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Just arrived, my first Hamilton. Hamilton khaki field chronograph. I quite fancied a 38mm for a change.  Good box, book and hang tags. Quite impressed with the feel and the quality. Sapphires front and back. I have a feeling that this will look and feel good on a strap as well.

Nice "wobbly" movement Valjoux 7750. Just off to (carefully) size the excellent bracelet.

large.DSC03941.JPG.dd34f636ddc29f7173d3723d42b19151.JPG 

large.DSC03942.JPG.ef45a9619c658738476f0317edaf1da3.JPG

• Like 12

Hamilton are good quality watches with plenty of experience in the industry. Quite underrated I would say. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Certainly looks like a great watch  @Robden  bracelet or strap would look nice on it, Enjoy your new acquisition.   :thumbs_up:

That’s a super looking chronograph. Congratulations.:thumbsup:

Thanks all. This is crazy. Not had it five minutes and already thinking about putting it on a strap.

Being a field watch I suppose it should be a nato or the like. Trouble is, I don't like nato's.......they're the Devil's spawn.

Absolutely lovely. I've had my eye on a pan europ for a while now but itd make a big Dint in my funds for other things on the radar. I love Hamilton watches and their uniqueness. They have their own style. Bang for buck, little touches them IMO.

Great purchase! My first 'real' watch was my Hamilton Khaki Auto and it still has a place in my heart. I must admit to moments of clarity when my Seiko perversion subsides when I cast my eye over the second hand Hamilton offerings out there. Enjoy!

@Buuk Same here! My first watch with a swiss movement was my Hamilton Jazzmaster Chronograph. It's had a new strap recently and looks like new again, I love it.

Hope you enjoy yours as much in the years to come.

19 minutes ago, ChronoJosh said:

@Buuk Same here! My first watch with a swiss movement was my Hamilton Jazzmaster Chronograph. It's had a new strap recently and looks like new again, I love it.

Hope you enjoy yours as much in the years to come.

Cheers ChronoJosh. Sadly no pics to hand as I'm in work but here is mine.

My dad had it on long term loan for a couple of years and did the honourable thing by having its serviced and a new Hamilton strap fitted. Needless to say its minty again and lives out most of its days in its box.

On 21/10/2017 at 14:46, Robden said:

Thanks all. This is crazy. Not had it five minutes and already thinking about putting it on a strap.

Being a field watch I suppose it should be a nato or the like. Trouble is, I don't like nato's.......they're the Devil's spawn.

Same opinion on Natos here too. Leave it on the bracelet looks good on that.

Speaking of Hamiltons, does anyone here have a Jazzmaster? I like the look of them in photos, but I have never seen one in the flesh. 

@Kaeru Yes I've had my Jazzmaster for about 7-8 years now. Only cost me a service and a new strap in that time and it a really beautiful watch. More people ask me about my Hamilton than ask about any other watch I own.

20171022_195137_zpsuygdcbqe.jpg

On 10/22/2017 at 20:05, ChronoJosh said:

@Kaeru Yes I've had my Jazzmaster for about 7-8 years now. Only cost me a service and a new strap in that time and it a really beautiful watch. More people ask me about my Hamilton than ask about any other watch I own.

20171022_195137_zpsuygdcbqe.jpg

Sorted out the pictures at last!

dtLePMG.jpg

XjP5hQa.jpg

• Like 1