• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
RWP

I Give In

Somebody tell me what's wrong with this. I've tried and tried and I have it on now........... ..

37022287144_d039e5df0e_b.jpg

I very nearly swapped it for the 40 quid Wenger.  What's wrong with it?  Why don't I cherish it? Ceramic bezel, screw down everything, Tissot, 300m and helium release valve ( handy in the shower). Sapphire.

I really wanted one as soon as I saw it but now..........

Only thing I can see is the markers are way too prominent and the chronograph invisible.

Any late night opinions.....Good, bad, whatever :thumbsup:

Night folks.....sleep well.

Wrong colour blue. Minute and hour hands look like the tips are broken off. Odd chrono hands. The "T" on the end of the centre hand is too big.

That'll do for now.

• Like 2

Rog.  If you don't bond with it you can always flip it.... After all there are a few others you can choose to wear. 

Just an idea... 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ong said:

Rog.  If you don't bond with it you can always flip it.... After all there are a few others you can choose to wear. 

Just an idea... 

Just now, ab20000 said:

I like it :clap:

Well there's your answer.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ong said:

Just an idea... 

Just feel I should and don't want to get rid of it.  Lot of good things about it :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ab20000 said:

Perhaps a new strap would change you mind? I’m not a huge fan of the rubber ones

Don't mind the rubber.....it's all they come on. Thanks :thumbsup:

You clearly don't bond with it Rog so sell it and put the money towards something you like simples 

For me everything that is blue should be white. 

• Like 2

well the date and time are wrong for a start :laugh:

and I am bored with black dialled dive watches ... and chronos too for that matter ... and rubber straps 

actually scrub the chronograph hands and dials and I think it would look ok as a 3 hander with sub seconds at 6 .

at least the date is fairly subtle ... 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ab20000 said:

Hi ab20000.

I've just this minute been looking for this variant. I knew there was an auto and that it looked very similar. I also prefer the bracelet.

Regards Paul.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RWP said:

Somebody tell me what's wrong with this. I've tried and tried and I have it on now........... ..

I very nearly swapped it for the 40 quid Wenger.  What's wrong with it?  Why don't I cherish it? Ceramic bezel, screw down everything, Tissot, 300m and helium release valve ( handy in the shower). Sapphire.

Only thing I can see is the markers are way too prominent and the chronograph invisible.

Quartz.

That's why I wouldn't. But if you really can't, I'll take it off your hands regardless. I need a travel piece in black w/blue accents.

1 hour ago, Robden said:

Wrong colour blue. Minute and hour hands look like the tips are broken off. Odd chrono hands. The "T" on the end of the centre hand is too big.

That'll do for now.

Love ya Rob, but none of that is correct. Lol

• Like 1

I actually quite like it, it would make a nice daily wearer, a nice watch and pretty robust looking. Fancy a swap for a Tag? :)

large.20170804_132522.jpg.0278397af2ef779446ffd3c08d1ea5e4.jpg

• Like 1

I'd stick it on a blue strap and see if you change your mind. If not get it swapped or sold man :thumbsup:

• Like 1

For me the sub dials are out of proportion, they are too small and the hands are too big. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stairpost said:

I actually quite like it, it would make a nice daily wearer, a nice watch and pretty robust looking. Fancy a swap for a Tag? :)

large.20170804_132522.jpg.0278397af2ef779446ffd3c08d1ea5e4.jpg

I'll have a think.....Thanks for the offer :thumbsup:

Edited by RWP

Personally, I think it would look better as a non-chrono watch.  Take away the subdials and pushers, making it into a proper dive watch instead of a mish-mash of 2 styles, fully lume the hands (I hate open style hands anyway), and it would look great.  Oh, and the blue looks all wrong as well, change that to white, and the watch would "pop" a lot more.

I'll do a quick Photoshop to show what I mean (yes, things are a bit quiet today at the internationally renowned studios of Dave Patey Illustration and Design... :laughing2dw:)

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, RWP said:

Doesn't suit you at all rog, send it to me and I will wear it then show you the photos to see if you think it looks better on me, no point in torturing yourself m8 :whistle:

• Haha 1

I like it as it is. As said above it would make a great everyday watch. :thumbs_up:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davey P said:

Here's a quick Photoshop of my suggestions:

Tissot Watch - After

:yahoo:

That's a lot better the chronograph is no good for my eyes now.