• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
owain1

Struggling to decide

I’m struggling to decide between these to, the price retention of the Rolex is very appealing, its classic looks good with everything, the quality of the two as I had both in hand I think I would say the Omega felt better built, but I’m an Omega fan boy, love the dial, I do like a date, and the Daniels movement, not looking to commit for a few months though.

aaf7c6cdde3f6d29571cef2de17609a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

The date window on the Omega looks terrible.. and the vertical emboss on the dial is tacky in my opinion,,,, Rolex all the way for me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The date window on the Omega looks terrible.. and the vertical emboss on the dial is tacky in my opinion,,,, Rolex all the way for me.

Lol that’s cutting I like the textured dial

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Buy the rollie and if you don’t get on with it than sell it. I’m sure you’ll make your money back or very close to it. 

• Like 3

I'd count myself as an Omega fanboy too but I'd have to go for Rolex & I'd stick straight on a nice brown calf strap. The perfect dress watch for me 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, owain1 said:

Lol that’s cutting emoji23.png I like the textured dial

ok ok ok .... so the dial extra is possible not such an issue... but the date window looks basic at best , a school project at worse.... :swoon:

As it happens, I tried both the above when I was looking for a “Celebration” watch/gift to myself a few months back.

I did like the textured pattern of the Omaega dial, how it played with the light and now it was something not usually seen in a watch.  I also appreciated the build and quality of the movement.

However, I went for the Rolex in the end. For me it was a little less dressy and more everyday wear, but this I ediately made it far more versatile.  Don’t get me wrong, nothing bad about not being dressy! With just a strap swap I can wear it for a formal dinner, casual weekends or dog walking.  It really is the all-occasion watch :-)

Thursday Auto July 27

Saturday Aug 19

Explorer 2

Explorer Return

J

• Like 4

Nice position to be in :biggrin:

I must say I like them both, and out of the Rolex range the Explorer would be my choice.

But I too like Omega a lot and that Aquaterra is the bees knees.

Take your time to mull it over as you are not going to pull the trigger immediately, handle both if possible and you'll come to a decision that's right for you.

You may find you change your mind a few times :laugh:

Good luck!

• Like 1

It's no secret that I love a blue dial and am an Omega fan, but out of those 2 it'd be the Rolex. The date window looks a bit "lost" on the omega and the bracelet looks nicer on the Rolex. The Rolex dial looks clearer and easier to read and side by side the Rolex looks better proportioned. BUT that's my opinion soooo choose which you like best. Nice position to be in :thumbs_up:. Look forward to the pics when you get it.

Buy the rollie and if you don’t get on with it than sell it. I’m sure you’ll make your money back or very close to it. 

That is true they hold such value it’s not even worth buying pre-owned

• Like 1

[mention=49014]owain1[/mention], I'd have to agree with [mention=24775]Redwolf[/mention] & [mention=48192]JimboJames1972[/mention] also, I'm assuming you're looking at the 39mm explorer, try a second hand 14270 36mm explorer before you decide.

Yeah the 39mm, I do love my 37mm vintage 70s Seamaster it’s a classy size, but think I’d go 39mm

• Like 1

I'm not a huge fan of the Explorer, but of the two it would be that. As nice as the omega is, I always feel like the hour hand doesn't work, almost looks like the arrow (like on minute hand) came off on the production line and they just said sod it. 

• Like 1

@owain1

You play a dangerous game asking for a 50:50 choice like that on a watch forum! 

Especially when the majority vote against your obvious preference.

So what do you do about it? 

Answer: what ever you want. It’s your watch. 

PS. Omega, but only on a day that ends with a Y.

• Like 3

Omega for me all day long but it isn't something someone else can decide for you and particularly not at that price bracket.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AVO said:

J'ai acheté mon Rolex lundi. :yes:

• Haha 1

[mention=49014]owain1[/mention]
 You play a dangerous game asking for a 50:50 choice like that on a watch forum! 
Especially when the majority vote against your obvious preference.
So what do you do about it? 
Answer: what ever you want. It’s your watch. 

Lol you are right. it’s a lot of money for me and will be my last big purchase for a few years and because of that I’m also thinking about the longevity of it, I’m giving myself a long time to contemplate

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

J'ai acheté mon Rolex lundi. :yes:

Y yo compré mi Omega sábado, no obstante que la opinión que exprimí fuera escrita en inglés.

3 minutes ago, AVO said:

Y yo compré mi Omega sábado, no obstante que la opinión que exprimí fuera escrita en inglés.

gabh ris mo leisgeulan mo charaid :thumbsup:

22 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

gabh ris mo leisgeulan mo charaid :thumbsup:

Özür dilemene gerek yok. 

54 minutes ago, AVO said:

Özür dilemene gerek yok. 

Bide coothy n'tarry. :thumbsup: