• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
deano1956

i bought a watch !

ok so this is a watch forum were people buy watches, BUT i have spent a fortune in the last 12 months and i was not going to buy another till at least Christmas since my last some 4 months ago, then any new ones would have been presents:teethsmile: .

so i saw the moon phase thread on here not so long ago and there was some nice pieces, now i know this is NOT A MOONPHASE! it is a day & night model only, but after some research this model appealed as a entry level on looks and price  being the stick , single date model( not roman numeral & multi date version which i did not want) its also a auto,

it is a 6 month pre owned e bay purchase i had a last minute cheeky ( i think bargain)bid and did not think i would win it, but i did ! :swoon: so it landed today, being me the bracelet  had a good clean , a fettling with a cape cod cloth and scratch pad  to get very light use off the polished & brushed  sections , now its mint! the deep dial & the blue hands really pop in the sunlight :thumbs_up:

would have nice if the sun& moon dial was coloured, and its not hacking  but you cant have everything :(

i give you the unplanned purchase of the orient sun & moon watch

deano :laugh:

HVit0AW.jpg

C4P0gaP.jpg

sByUKnx.jpg

vx2khdE.jpg

& from the website it came from

Orient FET0P002W ET0P002W

• Like 6

I like that a lot......cracker.....looks new :thumbsup:

Well done, that is a good looking watch!! 

Cheers Martin :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, RWP said:

I like that a lot......cracker.....looks new :thumbsup:

it is rog cleaned up mint like new , was one of them   " only worn a couple of times ":laugh: bracelet was so small it must have looked big on his skinny writs , I had to put three links back in for me ,

deano

• Like 1

Well, what can I say Deano :thumbsup:.......welcome to the exclusive moonies enclave. :yes:

You will now be required to observe the current phases of the lunar calendar pertaining to your domicile & exhibit said timepiece accordingly. :biggrin:

Also, you are now permitted to wear the appropriate neck tie (or dickie).

Nice timepiece....Enjoy.

• Thanks 1

Excellent stuff, there's nothing better than an unplanned purchase, get in! :yahoo:

• Like 1

Nice watch, like the blue hands. Great contrast against the silver  

It’s not a moon phase though if I’m looking at it correctly, just a day/night complication?

33 minutes ago, Filterlab said:

Nice watch, like the blue hands. Great contrast against the silver  

It’s not a moon phase though if I’m looking at it correctly, just a day/night complication?

yes your correct, I do say that in my intro, you get what you pay for and its not proper moonphase money :biggrin:

deano

4 hours ago, deano1956 said:

ok so this is a watch forum were people buy watches, BUT i have spent a fortune in the last 12 months and i was not going to buy another till at least Christmas since my last some 4 months ago, then any new ones would have been presents:teethsmile: .

so i saw the moon phase thread on here not so long ago and there was some nice pieces, now i know this is NOT A MOONPHASE! it is a day & night model only, but after some research this model appealed as a entry level on looks and price  being the stick , single date model( not roman numeral & multi date version which i did not want) its also a auto,

it is a 6 month pre owned e bay purchase i had a last minute cheeky ( i think bargain)bid and did not think i would win it, but i did ! :swoon: so it landed today, being me the bracelet  had a good clean , a fettling with a cape cod cloth and scratch pad  to get very light use off the polished & brushed  sections , now its mint! the deep dial & the blue hands really pop in the sunlight :thumbs_up:

would have nice if the sun& moon dial was coloured, and its not hacking  but you cant have everything :(

i give you the unplanned purchase of the orient sun & moon watch

deano :laugh:

HVit0AW.jpg

C4P0gaP.jpg

sByUKnx.jpg

vx2khdE.jpg

& from the website it came from

Orient FET0P002W ET0P002W

Lovely watch Deano, do you find it quite heavy, I bought a power reserve auto Orient but its the heaviest watch I own, not a problem but you know its there.

14 minutes ago, niveketak said:

Lovely watch Deano, do you find it quite heavy, I bought a power reserve auto Orient but its the heaviest watch I own, not a problem but you know its there.

hi

thank you, it is a thick watch , but I don't find it heavy but then I have some heavy watches ( superocean) and I do prefer bracelets rather than straps so i am quite used to the heavier weights, and notice a more lack of weight when I wear a quartz's on a strap :biggrin:

deano

DYfvlgg.jpg

• Thanks 1