• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Jameson

Hello from a new member

mkKETgU.jpg

Hello all. I just joined your forum. I'm from the U.K and work for the British ARMY which I have done the last ten years. So with that having a good reliable time piece has always been a must. In the past I have always used G shocks.

Untill last year I have found a new love for horology so to speak. So anologue watches are a must now.  I'm an avid viewer of TGV and try to learn as much as I can on my journey.

So far I only have two pieces that I love dearly. A Hamilton khaki field 44mm and a Tudor Gran Tour date. The Hamilton is my daily and the Tudor the latter. I aim to add to this with a new piece early next year and swaying to a datejust 36mm in stainless steel, blue sunburst dial with Roman numerals..

I look forward to gaining more wisdom for this forum to help me along. I plan on never flipping a watch I save my very hard earned pennies to enjoy my new hobby. I've attached pictures too.

D5FIIPn.jpgO7GRx8O.jpgneqsx3C.jpgPJjwlsk.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome, and nice watches

A vintage military watch should be on your shopping list :yes:

No one said this place was going to be cheap!

54 minutes ago, scottswatches said:

Welcome, and nice watches

A vintage military watch should be on your shopping list :yes:

No one said this place was going to be cheap!

Thank you for your reply. I will certainly look at a vintage one day but as of now i need more knowledge so I know what I'm buying as going vintage could bite a newbie so to speak. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jameson said:

Thank you for your reply. I will certainly look at a vintage one day but as of now i need more knowledge so I know what I'm buying as going vintage could bite a newbie so to speak. 

Welcome to the forum @Jameson  two great watches too start with and I'm sure your collection along with your knowledge will grow, at present I am finding the former is growing much faster than the latter personally.   :whistle:

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the nut house, seems like you're well on the way to complete watch lunacy! You'll fit in just fine here! :thumbsup: :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Welcome to TWF, Jameson, a very nice pair of watches you have there :thumbsup:

So far I only have two pieces

Hang around the forum for any length of time & that number will soon increase :laugh:

14 minutes ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

Welcome to TWF, Jameson, a very nice pair of watches you have there :thumbsup:

Hang around the forum for any length of time & that number will soon increase :laugh:

I plan on it indeed!  already saving for my next target. 

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service :notworthy:

Love that Tudor :thumbsup: