• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Branis

Introducing Nordgreen Watches

Dear watch enthusiasts,

let me introduce you to Nordgreen watches. These minimalist watches are designed by Jakob Wagner, a leading Danish designer. Nordgreen strives to be a responsible comapny therefore by purchasing each of the watches you will contribute to some meaningful project. However, they are still only in a pre-launch phase but I guess they will go on kickstarter soon. 21753340_1458491370907455_50020261973345

What do you think about this idea and design of the watches? Do you think it will have a chance to be successful while competing with Daniel Wellington and other well-known watch brands?

If you want my honest opinion they are nothing special. They look like any that can be sourced off Alibaba for a few pounds. The picture you show is just a generic watch and you've superimposed your dial and logo on to. Why do you want to compete with DW? Why not design something different and unique or at least not as bland as a bland piece of stale bread on a bland day. Like the grey strap.

• Like 1

Braun do minimalist watches, but still manage to make them interesting.

Why aim at DW?  they have the sales volume to mast produce and spit the watches out cheaply.  Bring something new and interesting to the table, then people will pay a reasonable premium

• Like 1

Looks like a DW without a NATO. They're now so established as an affordable fashion brand, that it doesn't make much sense to try and compete with them. As per the above, try something interesting and novel. I'm not normally one to give my money to crowdfunding as it is, so why would I take a risk funding something that to be fair, I could already buy off near every website already and get it through my door the next day.

It's worth baring in mind that DW gets little love on watch forums, so you'll most likely not receive the most posistive response for a kickstarter lookalike. 

Everyone and their mother seems to be launching kickstarter watches these days, so you've really got to be able to differentiate to have a good chance imo. that or you need to be making something with a build quality and attention to detail that blows away the competition (which comes with its own problems).

Edited by hughlle

Thank you for sharing your opinions with me. It is interesting to see your points of view. The idea of Nordgreen watch brand is to offer a minimalist design and also employ a responsible CSR strategy so that every timepiece will have its own story and contribute to some meaningful project. You are right that the watches look similar to DW but that´s the price for the minimalist design. Of course the company is still only at its beginnings, but right now we offer 3 models. Give us a chance and we will try not to disappoint you ;)