Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
WRENCH

Vostok brass bezel.

Recommended Posts

I found an online "tutorial" showing how to remove the chrome plating with a dremel from a Vostok bezel, a bit extreme I thought, so here's the result of five minutes with some medium Scotchbrite.

large.1506776209639684941411.jpg.ef1a56145a28f9e59265806d90977579.jpg

It'll polish up nicely with a cape cod cloth now. :thumbsup:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if it's worth coating the bezel with the stuff they use on brass clocks - ie a thin rub on eg Horolacq Brass Lacquer??

Edited by odyseus10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, odyseus10 said:

I wonder if it's worth coating the bezel with the stuff they use on brass clocks - ie a thin rub on eg Horolacq Brass Lacquer??

Might give it a try. I'm going to experiment with some "accelerators" I've concocted for other things I make from non ferrous metals, for effects. I use a satin lacquer to slow down further oxidisation, I'll give Horolacq a try. :thumbsup:

Quote

:thumbsup:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30 September 2017 at 14:07, WRENCH said:

I found an online "tutorial" showing how to remove the chrome plating with a dremel from a Vostok bezel, a bit extreme I thought, so here's the result of five minutes with some medium Scotchbrite.

large.1506776209639684941411.jpg.ef1a56145a28f9e59265806d90977579.jpg

It'll polish up nicely with a cape cod cloth now. :thumbsup:

Wrench, did you repainted the markers after scrotchbriting or did you manage to get the chrome off and leave the painted markers? Any shots of the polished end product ? Regards Jamie 

:thumbs_up:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Littlelegs said:

Wrench, did you repainted the markers after scrotchbriting or did you manage to get the chrome off and leave the painted markers? Any shots of the polished end product ? Regards Jamie 

:thumbs_up:

Still the original paint. I got it mirror polished with a Cape Cod cloth. I intend to put a lume dot in the round red marking. :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmmm, I may give that a go at some point on my amphibia. I bet the contrast with a chrome case looks good. If you get chance I'd like to see a pic,of the finished look :clap:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

About Us

The Watch Forum started in 2001 as a forum for RLT Watches customers. Since then it has grown into a world wide community of watch enthusiasts and a large resource for all types of horology.

Contact Us

Email : admin@thewatchforum.co.uk

Phone: 07762 569 999
×