• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
RSR934

Seiko Turtle Blue Lagoon SRPB11J1

Hello, as recommended I have searched first so I apologise if this has been brought up in the past. I have just purchased a Seiko Turtle (SRPB11J1) blue lagoon. I researched this model before buying it as with all my watch purchases. I have recently read that only six thousand of these have been made for distribution worldwide. Mine has the letter "J" in the model reference, and made in Japan on the face. I know the "K" in the model number denotes that the watch was intended for Europe. Seiko don't appear to use quantity numbers (i.e. 1 of 500 etc) on their watches. So first of all does anybody know if this refers to six thousand of the "J" or the "K" models, a combination of both, if there is any truth in it at all. There still appears to be quite a few of them available which makes me ask these questions. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.  

I would expect it to be 6000 in total regardless of where assembled. They are on offer at Creation (45% off rrp) if you are looking for one.

I think there are so many limited editions produced these days that they have lost some of that `special' appeal. Earlier this year I picked up an Omega Seamaster Vancouver from as AD and they had it from 2010 which was also the number of watches made, That is a numbered limited edition but still did not fly off the shelf.

Thanks Richy176. I have recently purchased the watch, i'll continue to do research on it. Cheers again. Paul.

On 27/09/2017 at 10:30, richy176 said:

I would expect it to be 6000 in total regardless of where assembled. They are on offer at Creation (45% off rrp) if you are looking for one.

I think there are so many limited editions produced these days that they have lost some of that `special' appeal. Earlier this year I picked up an Omega Seamaster Vancouver from as AD and they had it from 2010 which was also the number of watches made, That is a numbered limited edition but still did not fly off the shelf.

Hello Richy176. Just in case you were interested. I contacted Seiko UK directly. I spoke to a woman who was very nice and took the time to explain about the manufacture of the SRPB11J1 (Blue lagoon turtle). As you quite rightly said it is a limited run worldwide of six thousand irrespective of where it was made or has the "J" or "K" model number. Also, just out of interest to anyone who might be interested she did inform me that all of the six thousand Seiko SRPB09J1 (Blue lagoon samurai) has been sold out world wide form Seiko AD's.

Regards Paul.

• Like 1

Congrats on your purchase! I've got the same J1 as you and my SRPB55J1 arrived yesterday too! That blue dial is just killer. Here are mine..

IMG_2605.jpg

BS_2.jpg

BS_4.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Buuk.

I got the blue lagoon turtle (SRPB11J1), same blue dial and bezel. Like you said it's an absolutely stunning watch, especially in the sun light. I do not know if you read my reply to Richy176. I spoke with Seiko uk (trying to find out some information about the serial numbers on the "J" models). I was informed by the lady I spoke to that all of the six thousand Seiko SRPB09J1 (Blue lagoon samurai) are now sold out world wide form Seiko AD's. So it looks like I am going to have to find one from a non authorised dealer, if I am lucky. I also love the black one which you have, that was going to be my second choice, however it now looks like it might have to be my first choice samurai.

Regards, Paul.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2017 at 22:10, RSR934 said:

Hi Buuk.

I got the blue lagoon turtle (SRPB11J1), same blue dial and bezel. Like you said it's an absolutely stunning watch, especially in the sun light. I do not know if you read my reply to Richy176. I spoke with Seiko uk (trying to find out some information about the serial numbers on the "J" models). I was informed by the lady I spoke to that all of the six thousand Seiko SRPB09J1 (Blue lagoon samurai) are now sold out world wide form Seiko AD's. So it looks like I am going to have to find one from a non authorised dealer, if I am lucky. I also love the black one which you have, that was going to be my second choice, however it now looks like it might have to be my first choice samurai.

Regards, Paul.

Hey Paul, hats off for your legwork. I clearly misread your original post, my bad. I got both Samurai’s from Creation Watches. Not sure they’ve still got the Blue Lagoon but they should still have the Black n Gold Samurai. I was toying with getting the Turtke version too....just to have that face in another watch!

there was one recently for sale in the classifieds here and there are usually one or two on eBay if you’re happy to go down the second hand route. 

Edited by Buuk

Hi Buuk.

Thanks for the info, i'll check out Creation Watches. If you don't mind me asking, were your transactions with Creation OK. I've read a couple of mixed reviews. But if it means being able to get hold of a Samurai blue lagoon, I would do what I have to do. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again.

Regards, Paul.

With reference to the post above regarding production run numbers, the watch serial number usually gives this. Everyone knows that the first number gives the decade, and the second, the month...1-9 = Jan-Sept, O= Oct, N=Nov and D=Dec. The next 4 numbers are  the watch's production run number...usually from 0001 to 9999, but with LEs, this might be a smaller range, in your case, from 0001-6000.

On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 13:23, RSR934 said:

Hi Buuk.

Thanks for the info, i'll check out Creation Watches. If you don't mind me asking, were your transactions with Creation OK. I've read a couple of mixed reviews. But if it means being able to get hold of a Samurai blue lagoon, I would do what I have to do. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again.

Regards, Paul.

Hi Paul. On the whole I'd say I've had positive transactions in so far as each watch I've bought has been in perfect working order, the only hiccup being an Orient box that arrived with a ripped cushion. The last purchase was the Black and Gold Samurai, ordered late on a Friday evening, delivered midday Monday. Can't complain about the DHL tracked delivery either. Its worth pointing out that for the first time they put the full purchase price on the package (each of my last packages has had a lower value stated on the packaging, I assume to reduce duties/VAT etc.) Also, in the past I've had a message from DHL quoting the sum I need to pay them for duties/VAT but this time the item arrived before any such message. I've read some folks get a paper bill from DHL after the event but I've not had one of those either? (yet). Just bear in mind that any purchase from outside the EU should attract duties/VAT so factor that into the equation when buying.

3 hours ago, Buuk said:

Hi Paul. On the whole I'd say I've had positive transactions in so far as each watch I've bought has been in perfect working order, the only hiccup being an Orient box that arrived with a ripped cushion. The last purchase was the Black and Gold Samurai, ordered late on a Friday evening, delivered midday Monday. Can't complain about the DHL tracked delivery either. Its worth pointing out that for the first time they put the full purchase price on the package (each of my last packages has had a lower value stated on the packaging, I assume to reduce duties/VAT etc.) Also, in the past I've had a message from DHL quoting the sum I need to pay them for duties/VAT but this time the item arrived before any such message. I've read some folks get a paper bill from DHL after the event but I've not had one of those either? (yet). Just bear in mind that any purchase from outside the EU should attract duties/VAT so factor that into the equation when buying.

Hi Buuk.

Thanks for the info. As mentioned previously, i'll post an update when i've made my mind up.

Regards, Paul.