• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Robden    4,739

Never had a Tag before and know Jack poo poo about them, but I have a chance of buying this for £400ish. All working correctly.

Good or bad deal? 

Thanks for any help/advice.

Rob....

540x360.jpg

• Like 2

gimli    1,622

Tag Heuer makes ladies, unisex and men's watches. Is this one unisex or men's ? Unisex will obviously work for some wrists but I'm just asking as the lighting and angle makes it look unisex and I think that might make it a bit pricey...

Robden    4,739
14 minutes ago, gimli said:

Tag Heuer makes ladies, unisex and men's watches. Is this one unisex or men's ? Unisex will obviously work for some wrists but I'm just asking as the lighting and angle makes it look unisex and I think that might make it a bit pricey...

He says that it's a gents auto CL 2111

relaxer7    3,721

At £400 I'd be going with a 2000 professional or a modern F1. Both, quartz but both solid. Think mine cost me £450 ish on eBay. 

29bm59i.jpg

• Like 1

Biker    1,334

The Kirium is the only Tag other than the Monaco I would buy.  It's nice but I do think £400 is about 25%-30% high.

gimli    1,622

Dimensions according to internet.

Case size: 39MM (diagonally) or 43MM (horizontally, including crown)

I guess that's men's size, more or less.

They seem a lot more expensive on the internet.. Up to you. :thumbsup:

Edited by gimli

Robden    4,739
1 minute ago, Biker said:

The Kirium is the only Tag other than the Monaco I would buy.  It's nice but I do think £400 is about 25%-30% high.

Thanks.

TBH I didn't think the price was too bad for a mechanical chrono.

So if I can get it for £250ish, that would be good?

scottswatches    5,156

if you are concerned on the size, then no.  The wide bezel makes the dial smaller and these wear small - and i like watches at 35mm!

Robden    4,739
8 minutes ago, scottswatches said:

if you are concerned on the size, then no.  The wide bezel makes the dial smaller and these wear small - and i like watches at 35mm!

Oh yeah, thanks Scott. Now you've pointed it out, the dial does look small. I haven't seen it in the metal, only a photo.

Don't think I'll bother.

Thanks all. :thumbs_up:

• Like 1

Biker    1,334

Ah more fool me for not looking properly.  £400 is about right for an auto, however given the scratches, I would have said £350

Say    292
11 hours ago, Robden said:

Never had a Tag before and know Jack poo poo about them, but I have a chance of buying this for £400ish. All working correctly.

Good or bad deal? 

Thanks for any help/advice.

Rob....

540x360.jpg

Hi rob I've had two tags in the space of about 30 years and been very pleased with them. I have worn them for swimming. My son now has my first one, a 1500 granite face, it needed a new movement after 23 years and Simon2 did that for me, great job and son had it for his 18th. I've had mine 7 years and no problems. When I was looking for mine I wanted one that had the green and red tag logo, don't like the blank one. Not had any other watch but joining here will change that lol. Photo attached, father and son

large.IMG_0020.JPG.6ef5e8c772f63eecf3c2ed3c2e038e75.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Doolittle    544

I had a terrible experience with the only kirium I ever owned. As soon as I received it, previously owned and (supposedely) recently serviced, it begun running randomly. Every effort to regulate it was useless. Fortunately, I could return it after some arguments...didn't like the size either...but well, that was just me and my bad fortunes I guess...