UK Watch Forum banner

Wotcha!

617 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Always"watching" 
#1 ·
Hello Pips,

I'm Tony, I joined because I want to learn more about watches in general. I want to buy watches to keep that I like and so I want to understand a bit more about them in order to appreciate them more.

I have (or used to have, now lost in the house over 6 months ago) a steel Rolex Datejust 16234. Although it's a pain that I can't find it, when I ask what the watch means to me, the answer is not that much, I got it in my thirties with some redundancy money to feel better about myself if I'm brutally honest. I think that if I found it I'd look at changing the bezel to a smooth one, get the other type of bracelet with the bigger links and change the face to a blue one (no numbers or numerals though), but hey-hoo.

I also have a Swatch (it's my daily wearer) my wife bought me while we were still courting that obviously means a lot more.

Hope to meet your acquaintance on the boards,

Kind regards,

Tony

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome Tony,

Good luck finding the Rollie. I'd recommend selling it if you find it to buy the one you want rather than changing dial, bezel and bracelet. Much cheaper and the watch will be as it left Rolex and therefore worth more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.